Wanted, Chinese elm of any age

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hey! title says it all. I am having an oddly hard time tracking down an ulmus parvifolia worth the money. I have access to seeds this fall, so I have that but... Maybe someone here has something that could save a couple years? I'm looking for 1 to 200 year old trees, I have visited the local bonsai nurseries but am just seeing a lot of "S-curve" types or just finding they dont carry chinese elm. I'm happy to pay good money for a good tree and just as happy to throw $5 at a seedling in a solo cup. Thanks

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey! title says it all. I am having an oddly hard time tracking down an ulmus parvifolia worth the money. I have access to seeds this fall, so I have that but... Maybe someone here has something that could save a couple years? I'm looking for 1 to 200 year old trees, I have visited the local bonsai nurseries but am just seeing a lot of "S-curve" types or just finding they dont carry chinese elm. I'm happy to pay good money for a good tree and just as happy to throw $5 at a seedling in a solo cup. Thanks
If you are looking for the more desirable cultivars then remember that it is cuttings you should look for rather than seeds. Try Brent Walston at Evergreen. If you are looking for larger established trees, Bonsai Northwest in Seattle had quite a few for sale! I am sure they would ship during the right time of year! Sorry, not familiar with any sources further East:cool:

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thank you, cultivars don't interest me much, unfortunately that's all brent has. But I will definitely check out bonsai northwest

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I have a lot that Grew in my back yard that I’m growing in individual pots. I’d be willing to get some out. Where are you located?

Top Bottom