Wanted: Ponderosa Pine

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’m looking to purchase an established Ponderosa Pine. I’m not interested in a show-quality tree per se, as my budget does not stretch into the thousands, but I’m willing to pay a fair price for a good piece of material with potential.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Also ChoBonsaiYamadori.com, Backcountry Bonsai and First Branch Bonsai. All great folks that love the trees;). Personally have trees from 3 of these places. Also have bought from Randy Knight but do not believe he ships nor posts online.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
+1 for support Todd.

He's a good dude with bitchin material.

But....

Go on get one yerself!

Sorce

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I'm leaning towards the $2750 one myself. I need to sell my paper route, and maybe my sister for a few rounds, but the tree is definitely worth the price.

"and maybe my sister for a few rounds"....that is a bit over the wall crude and an unnecessary comment in my opinion sir. There are decent people on this forum, including women. You should be ashamed of yourself! Have you no class at all? Peter

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
+1 for support Todd.

He's a good dude with bitchin material.

But....

Go on get one yerself!

Sorce

I’ve entertained the idea! I just tried collecting for the first time, actually. Not a ponderosa, a native deciduous species....it is a LOT harder than it looks!!!

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
it is a LOT harder than it looks!!!

It can be, it all depends. I have dug elms from Sandy loam and it was a dream. Plucking a tree from the ground in 5 minutes. Then again I have dug hackberry from black Texas clay. The digging, hacking, and sawing sucked!

It is satisfying once the root ball is wrapped and the tree is in the vehicle.

Don't forget to check bonsai shows and club sales when they come around. You might find something nice there too.

Top Bottom