Wanted to trade: Two nice little Maples............

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
I'm wanting to see what's out there in the form of a trade and I have these two quality pieces to put up. 1 Kotohime which is 35-40 years and was obtained through Don Blackmond and comes in a nice Japanese pot. This tree is 9.5" tall from the soil line and was just root trimmed and repotted into Bonsai Jack soil 6 weeks ago. The second tree is a root over rock Trident also from Don Blackmond which is 25-30 years old and measures 7 3/4" from the soil and is also in a nice Japanese pot. This tree too was root trimmed and repotted into Bonsai Jack soil 6 weeks ago. Both tree's are leafing out nicely and are absolutely thriving!

I'm looking to do a 2 for 1 deal for the right Maple but will consider other species. I'm only looking for quality tree's (please keep that in mind when making me an offer so that nobodies time is wasted). PM offers with pics here on the forum, thanks!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I like both... what kind of size tree you looking for? IOW- you want small and developed or big and "promising"? I'm assuming the later or you wouldn't be moving away from the two smaller/ developed trees?

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
@Eric Group I wouldn't mind something bigger and promising (but nothing totally undeveloped) but I'm not against something small/mid-sized and developed either. Just seeing what's out there really:)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
There's no fungus on this tree!
Just want to put this out there...Al/Smoke knows his trees...and he has a few maples and years under his belt...I questioned the leaf shape myself...that he pegged a fungus. Made sense. But, hey...don't treat with a fungicide. Your trees...

I treat as a preventative myself. Tomorrow is Liquid Copper fungicide for all my trees.

Last edited:

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
yea joe, hate to nag on here, but the leaves look deformed a bit, like your watering with poor water, or there is a Ph lockout issue or it needs some micro nutes and fungicide or something. seems like the rock and legs are a bit calcium or salt coated. could be wrong that was just my first impression.

I got some newly collected rather large crab apples. I'd trade one for the taller tree.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How about both trees for my JBP 2 year old seedling? Sounds fair?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Mods please close this thread down, thanks!

1.Why is that...that you ask one to close it down?
2. There are no mods. ;)
3. You were NOT specific in what you were wishing to trade. If the one offended you with the mention of JBP... ? You need to grasp...you left a broad opening for such suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom