WANTED: Wisteria, weeping cherry, and honey suckle!

TinRoses

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Seedlings, graftings, rooted cuttings... Don't care, just want them!

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
TinRose please update your profile to include your location. This was information can be specific to your location.

Regarding your request. Do you want them for landscape plantings, specimen plantings, pre-bonsai, bonsai-in-training or finished bonsai?

And have you used the searchers friend Google?

TinRoses

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thanks for the heads up, could have sworn I did that!

Wanted for Pre Bonsai. Rough specimens are fine, rooted cuttings are fine. Just feeding my addiction ;)

Tried Google... Unfortunately Google likes to direct me to a whole lot of nothing of any interest. Ordering trees off on-line nurseries hasn't really landed me anything great. I have found ONE guy on eBay for Crepe Myrtle, but alas he doesn't have anything else I'm hunting for.

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
www.evergreengardenworks.com has the best selection of starter material for bonsai, and they are very reputable.

If you are just starting out, I'm compelled to tell you that flowering varieties are relatively hard to keep healthy, and fruiting varieties are extremely hard.

TinRoses

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thank you very much.

Not just starting out, more like starting out in a hunt for non-nursery or local collected species.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You need to pass on the honey suckle, the others will work with a lot of effort. Your in Florida why don't you get some Bougainvillea ? They are great flowering plants and will thrive in your area while putting on a year round show.

ed

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
For the cherry go to evergreen gardenworks, I just ordered a cherry and some other stuff from him tuesday. I think he only has one weeping variety, but personally I wouldn't go with a weeping variety.

TinRoses

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
You need to pass on the honey suckle, the others will work with a lot of effort. Your in Florida why don't you get some Bougainvillea ? They are great flowering plants and will thrive in your area while putting on a year round show.

ed

I have a few Bougainvillea and access to a ton more since they're absolutely everywhere. Hoping for something... Different. Will 86 the honeysuckle, have now been told by multiple people that I'll rip my hair out.

Top Bottom