Warm forecast

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
nice tree, the box you put it in seems rather big though, judging from the rootball something smaller seemed possible

Yeah, there are still two large taproot like things to cut back before it can go nice and small. Both have some active roots, they probably could have been removed this time but I decided to wait. No problem to get into a suitable size once they are gone. The box was kicking around and I judged it to be close enough in size. Usually I custom build on the spot and I would have built a bit smaller. Finally, pics are a bit deceiving, photo really makes my box look fat for some reason!

It’s not quite as bad as it looks but certainly could be better. I do like to stay small without a lot of empty substrate for health and recovery of the tree but I think it’ll be Ok.

I’m any case I’m glad to see the back of the previous monstrosity there, easy to pick up and move now and next time repot should be a piece of cake.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
On the stump and going in. Getting it up was not easy, hopefully that’s was the hard part.

Took the day off work today, boss man not pleased but it Is what it is.A9257C0B-3532-44C7-ACCB-698248F6DFDD.jpeg

Last edited:

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lots of work dude, good on ya for takin a day for the trees! Boss man won't ever understand, like when they ask you to do overtime on the weekends!

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks man, trees, growing mushrooms and work I’m swamped right now. I’d quit the job but I’m needed.

Anyhow, a good step down with a long ways to go, the next step down will not be risk free by the looks of it.
Box not nearly deep as it appears, raised bottom inside. I only have one tree left in the yard that I cannot pick up now.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like you have been through a lot of mess and hard-work. Excellent and nice place

Thanks, yeah, big mess, real big mess. Two more to go, both large junipers and important repots that I have been both really been looking forward to and also dreading a little bit. Lots others that I would like to get done but they’re not going anywhere and will have to wait. Probably try the summertime repotting for some spruce this year. Then cleanup time and hopefully find time to work the above ground portions of a few things.

Top Bottom