was struggling how to word this

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
here's the pic of the black pine that hurt me to leave behind.

Attachments

• IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 69

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Can you share how much those went for (or asking price)? I am sure I cannot afford them but just curious. Thanks!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Ed, you win the powerball and you're welcome here anytime ;-).
I'll even take you waaaaay out into the wilderness collecting...

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
the maple i got was $345. The japanese black pine went for $280. ( I talked my friend into buying it about an hr ago. he also picked up a pink blooming hawthorn for $110.) The mugho over rock is still there priced at $600.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Dick, I'm happy for you that you snagged that tree. What are your plans for it other than a repot?

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
I love acer palmatums because of smaller leaves and great fall foliage. I'd like to get it healthy again in say two years so it starts to reinvent itself. I love the slanted form, i just need it to fill in better. That will give me time to find a proper pot. i just keep picturing it full of leaves and healthy :)

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
of course it goes without saying that you chose well Dick .... the maple was one of my personal choices and you did well ... I also prefer the traditional Acer P. as I feel they have some of the best color characteristics etc ... you should have no trouble with it over the winter and getting it into better soil will of course improve its development ....

the pine was also on my list of choices and its a very nice small pine indeed ... few hours of wiring and a few years of development and it will be a very nice tree ...

I am also really glad to hear that John was able to acquire the collection as it will continue to find its way into the hands of individuals that can continue the needed work ...

thank you for sharing ....

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dick,

Thanks. I thought they will be worth more than that so you sure got a good deal. Congrats!

Top Bottom