Washington Hawthorn

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Anybody know where to to find some washington hawthorn cuttings? cold stream farms has bare root seedlings, and Evergreen Gardenworks has European Hawthorn.... Maybe Bill V has had these in the past (his 2020 availability list isn't up on his website)?
Thanks,
Ridley

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Two sellers (at least) have them on eBay now. One selling seedlings, 4 - 8" and the other 1 gallon pots.

Reactions: Rid

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've had my eye out for one of these, but I haven't seen anything but landscape size trees at nurseries ($$).

Last week I collected some seeds from a street tree that has nice white bark and lots of berries. Not sure how reliable these are from seed, but I'll send you some if you like. If you want to wait a day or so, I can get a pic of the "mother" tree.
CW

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not sure how reliable these are from seed,
Most hawthorn require 2 years to germinate. Not sure about Washington hawthorn. One gallon is $22 on eBay plus shipping.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've had my eye out for one of these, but I haven't seen anything but landscape size trees at nurseries ($$).

Last week I collected some seeds from a street tree that has nice white bark and lots of berries. Not sure how reliable these are from seed, but I'll send you some if you like. If you want to wait a day or so, I can get a pic of the "mother" tree.
CW
Thank you for the offer, but I'll definitely go the ebay route.

Ridley

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know where to get Michigan hawthorn all day.

kalare

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Long Pine Gardens in Sebastopol CA has them...you can call and get them to ship.

Top Bottom