Watch Out for Irene

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Judging from the amount of roads still blocked by trees around here, it looks like we could be without power for quite a while

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hi All,
Made it back home last night. I was surprised, not much damage to my bonsai & no house damage and power back on when I got home. Did have a tree limb break a pot with a J. Maple in it, too late to repot so I duct taped it to hold till spring.
We didn't have the flooding like up north but did have about 9 inches of rain with wind gusts to 75 through the area. A friend lost his house to a couple of very old oak trees.
My department has moved over 100 trees from the roads & traffic has been moving good for two days.

Glad thats over & hope all the B-Nuts here are OK,

Bob O

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi All,
Made it back home last night. I was surprised, not much damage to my bonsai & no house damage and power back on when I got home. Did have a tree limb break a pot with a J. Maple in it, too late to repot so I duct taped it to hold till spring.
We didn't have the flooding like up north but did have about 9 inches of rain with wind gusts to 75 through the area. A friend lost his house to a couple of very old oak trees.
My department has moved over 100 trees from the roads & traffic has been moving good for two days.

Glad thats over & hope all the B-Nuts here are OK,

Bob O

Sounds like you had a good return home. Would have sucked to have been helping all those people only to come home and find personal devestation and no one to help you! You all were lucky indeed, sounds like it could have been much worse. Lets hope the next month or two is quiet.

Besides I think FEMA is just about at the end of their rope.

Top Bottom