Watches

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Do we have any watch aficionados here at the Nut? I love watches and have gathered a small collection of affordable watches over the years. My budget doesn't allow me to stray into the world of Swiss watches, so I scratch the itch with Japanese automatics. I also tend towards dive watches so Seiko is my go to brand. If you're a watch fan like me, throw up a pic for our viewing pleasure.

I'll start things off with my only non-automatic watch just because I happen to be wearing it right now. In my opinion, the best watch ever made for under $50 - the Casio mdv106. It's a Rolex Submariner homage that's 200m water resistant, with a screw down crown and rotating bezel. You can go with the James Bond look if you put it on a Nato strap but I like it on this canvas camo strap. This is my weekend/ fishing/yardwork watch.

20171027_232936.jpg

Let's see your watches, watch fans.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
I have a gshock and that thing is bomb proof! Last year I ate it on my bike. First thing my arm gets swung out and my wrist slams the asphalt with the watch on. Watch works just fine with minor cosmetic damage. Still wear it today.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have a gshock and that thing is bomb proof! Last year I ate it on my bike. First thing my arm gets swung out and my wrist slams the asphalt with the watch on. Watch works just fine with minor cosmetic damage. Still wear it today.

Yeah the g shock is a great watch and has its own cult following. I've never owned one, though maybe I should.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
17 Million + for Paul Newman's Old everyday beater Rolex, gifted by his wife JoAnn Woodward....
A bit much I think...

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pocket Watches off of Ebay back in the 80's, sterling silver bodies
with 10k gold trimmings,
About $10.00 to $ 25.00 US.
Yummy.
Good Day
Anthony

Floridays

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Love watches! I started with restoring/collecting vintage Timex's and then moved on to servicing Seiko's. I've learned a lot and have some nicer watches but I have a thing for mid-century working mans watches.
My daily wear ironically is a Wenger Diver, great watch!
Here's a couple pics...
My first rebuild, a '68 Seiko Auto
View media item 4007Another Seiko
View media item 4008Daily wear Wenger Diver
View media item 4006
Scott

jeanluc83

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I really like mechanical watches. Every couple of months I get the itch to start restoring old watches. So far I've resisted. Maybe this winter though.

I have a cheep (~$60) Seiko automatic that I wear every day. I've had it for about 6 years now and it is still going strong. There was a good article on the movement that I came across when I first got it. The case is completely different but it is the same movement.

The Seiko Diver's 200 Meter SKX779

Floridays

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Seiko's are excellent watches with a rich history. The movements are found in all types of cases and there are a ton of movements... and the 7S26 is a dependable movement.

Every couple of months I get the itch to start restoring old watches. So far I've resisted. Maybe this winter though.

Go for it!!

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
IMG_2094.JPG IMG_2095.JPG I have a number of watches that I really enjoy. A few with wooden bezels and faces that are very cool. This one has been my favorite for quite some time. It is automatic, and the back is skeletonized as well so you can see the jewels and movement of the pendulum.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice watches. I don't really have a daily wearer anymore. I wore a Seiko Orange Monster daily for about 7 or 8 years and then started picking up new divers here and there. This one was a Christmas gift from my wife last year. I like a beefy watch and this Deep Blue Master 1000 fits the bill. I know...a diver on leather...but I like the way it looks and didn't feel like dropping another $80 for the bracelet.

20171101_122733.jpg

Top Bottom