Watching The Great Hack on Netflix

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Am I the only one who is not surprised, yet surprised at the depth, extend things can go when watching this?

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Watching the final episode of Stranger Things right now. Will put on The Great Hack next. Will let you know how it turns out for me...

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Camera pans behind the door.
There stands Rod Serling.
Ne, ne, ne, ne (sorry, there is no way to portray musical notes 🎶 here - first time I ever noticed).

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes. Especially if you then start to wonder.. If Netflix also just working on the propaganda machine?

It seems like everything, and everyone is a part of it now. It is weird explaining to my 16 year old son that these random folks on youtube, aren't necessarily qualified experts in the subjects they rant about.:rolleyes:

kouyou

Sapling
Reaction score
It seems like everything, and everyone is a part of it now. It is weird explaining to my 16 year old son that these random folks on youtube, aren't necessarily qualified experts in the subjects they rant about.:rolleyes:

wait till he finds bonsainut! 🤣

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What!? I cannot use them as a source of authority for my papers?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is not surprised, yet surprised at the depth, extend things can go when watching this?
I think I've might have been in an early test with highly filtered posts.
I quit facebook because no matter what I did, certain stuff kept popping up even though I told FB not to show those posts. Then a few articles suggested that they were in fact doing tests on mood influencing and directing opinions through 'subliminal posts'. Back then, nobody seemed to care that much but I wasn't comfortable with it. So I quit, and I installed every possible tracking blocker while I was at it.
With my mobile device as the only exception, I'm a ghost online.

But, after quitting I did see how many addicts there are. My girlfriend can't go to dinner with my without having to check fb four or five times. It ruins the mood somewhat and it offends her when I talk about it. As with any drug: you don't know what you're missing after a while if you're not using it.

Whatsapp is starting to worry me though. I can't stop using that because I'd lose connection to most of my friends. But businesses are starting to work their way into that system and before long it'll go the same direction as fb. As far as I know, in large parts of Africa, India and South America, that's already the case.

Top Bottom