ginger

Sapling
Reaction score
Nobody cares Will......

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
i dont get it...

I read the rules and participants are supposed to pay $25 entry fee. Send in a photo to enter a contest to win a gold medal in puerto rico...

I think I'll buy a bag of akadama instead...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
i dont get it...

I read the rules and participants are supposed to pay $25 entry fee. Send in a photo to enter a contest to win a gold medal in puerto rico...

I think I'll buy a bag of akadama instead...

It's 25 for the progression challenges, but only 15 for the photo contest.

AoB and KoB agreed to host the Olympics for the WBC and extend our rights to the progressive styling aspect to them. We feel it is a great honor to do so, even though we were not sure if the internet community was ready for a "Pay to Play" contest. As it turns out, participation is slow, but we are seeing some bonsai never before seen that are absolutely amazing.

The photo contest entries can be seen at http://artofbonsai.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=77

The progressive entries can be seen at http://knowledgeofbonsai.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=129

The AoB Awards and the KoB Progressive styling contests are right around the corner, they are still free to enter, so hang tight, meanwhile enjoy that Akadama.

Will

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The judging has started!

The judges for the WBC contest are...

Nick Lenz

Michael Persiano

Dan Barton

Morten Albeck

Antoni Payeras

Warren Hill

Now, that's what I call a judging team!

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
What happened to Warren's vote?

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
Actually Morton and Antoni too?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Who is the "owner" of AoB and KoB ?

Frank

AoB and KoB are "owned" by the editors. Editors come and go occassionally, but the active editors make decisions, approve content, and direction for the forums. The editors range from all levels of experience, from master level right down to beginner and are from many different countries and cultures. Both forums are non-commerical sites and all income goes back into the forums. The Editors are unpaid and often under appreciated.

What happened to Warren's vote?

Actually Morton and Antoni too?

Warren, Morten, and Antoni are judging the other half (progression) of this hosted contest at KoB.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, I am a editor at large for both forums and I am one of the original founders of both.

Will

Top Bottom