Weather sensor recommendation

Lars Grimm

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi All,

Does anyone have any good recommendations for weather sensors? I have searched the forum and seen some highly variable results. The things I care about are:

1. Temperature and humidity detection
2. Multiple zones (at least 2)
3. Track/record temperature over time (not just current real time)
4. Ideally accessible remotely via an iPhone app or website.
5. Needs to be outdoor safe (some sensors seem to be only good for indoor wine cellars)

I am fine with something that requires some tweaking or modding on my part.

Thanks!
Lars

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't even have a thermometer outside.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A large window and creaky bones works pretty good. And no chance I'd like, lick, even look at me finger, I know were it's been!!!o_O:D:D:D:D:D

North Carolina? Overwintering has to be a breeze.;):cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Dissatisfied with my own after five years...a few times it's just gave me - - for readings. Luckily we are out of the hard winter blasts. My temps are higher now as well with things waking. But not using it next winter. Seen one had one that alerted him on his phone. I a, looking into that...when the time comes.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you just lick your finger and stick it in the breeze to check conditions?
Pretty much. We did have a digital thermometer but it only went to 20 below zero. When it hit 37 below a couple years ago it just gave up. It now says 0 degrees.
I wouldn't lick Lances finger either.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
wait 'till this tray of supermarket sushi and a couple pints of Guinness hit their mark. Get ya' Grimace on!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Acu Rite and La Crosse both make good units in a variety of configurations. I don't monitor Outside but do monitor the shed and attic temps wireless with a nice LCD display.

Indoors I use simple small wall hanging units for the Tropical stuff but I must mention if you use several contact the manufacturer and have them calibrate them to all read the same. I have a digital Humidifier in the plant room set constant but different areas in the room have steady but different readings ranging as much as 15 percent.

Grimmy

Top Bottom