Weather

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
As if the summer heat was not bad enough here in Las Vegas, we have been having 30+ mph winds with the humidity down around 5%. Nothing like a dehydrator to perk up your trees...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Two weekends ago I was up in Joshua Tree (high desert) it was 80 degree high any day. Meanwhile, at my house by the coast, it was 95.

So maybe someone can explain to me how, with Palm Springs and Joshua Tree being in the low 80's, and the ocean temps in the 50's, the strip of land wedged between the two can be 95+...

My maples were NOT pleased.

darrellw

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So maybe someone can explain to me how, with Palm Springs and Joshua Tree being in the low 80's, and the ocean temps in the 50's, the strip of land wedged between the two can be 95+...

Assuming that wasn't a rhetorical question...

Offshore flow and compression heating....

-Darrell

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's been very pleasant here with sunshine, rain, and high temps in the 70's. Everything is pushing buds nicely- which makes me not so happy about the forecast of 31-32 degrees F on Monday and Tuesday. :(

Reaction score
My trees sure could use some of that heat. It still is freezing every night over here, we had snow yesterday. Last weekend it got down to 24F. Next week it is forcast to be down to 28F. I am ready to get out of this cold and into the heat. If this goes on any longer my trees will be without leaves longer than they have them for.

BigBill

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Beautiful here in Kentucky... mid 70s. high 60s over night. Soon though it will be raining all the time. So Im enjoying it while I can.

Top Bottom