Weeping Ryusen Maple...winter was harsh

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My my...

What pretty bones!
Thank ya kindly. Kind of crazy...as I look back.

I think this gives a bit of understanding of size. FB_IMG_1691880635975.jpg

Tornado warning...so I got to lug the thing well watered into the greenhouse. Furthest area is the area this sits. Not going to lie...it's a butt kicker. 🤣

Screenshot_20230812_204709_Gallery.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Heading into it's fall blush. Rained last night. Heavy booger. Now to lug it back outside.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Very pretty indeed! I have enjoyed this thread showing how you saved a memorial tree and made it into something even more beautiful.
Awwww thank you. Had it not been for the brief time in the hobby. [Less than a year] I never would have fantomed trying to save it.

Flew by the seat of my pants. But it turned out to be a sweet lemonade.

Here is video of it today. I went a bit different with lighting. As the grow lights today in the greenhouse as I went to move them out. Made the trees silhouette show through the foliage. And I was taken by that image.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Won't lie...it's been a long while...since I've studied the Ryusen dormant with a calm mind... covid was ab avalanche...aside from my becoming sick. That said...humbly surprised by the winter silhouette.

Winds and rain took most the foliage. I decided to just remove what little was left. 20231028_164159.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wow! It’s looking great. It’s really unique. Love this tree!
Thanks... I tried to keep with the characteristic...yet...taming it. I am...quite please with where it's at. Actually...it made me stop in my shoes when I went around the house and seen the leaves almost all blown off. I hadn't expected...it to look this good. Truly...took me back.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Because...I truly love a tree heading into winter silhouette...sharing. The winds and the rain...beat the Ryusen. Pile of leaves around it and on the surface of its pot. Yet I still see...beauty. I love the end of fall on our trees.

Top Bottom