Weigela opportunity

Darran

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi,

my neighbours are about to remove from their garden a weigela that has been growing there for the past 17 years to my knowledge and probably much longer, the base of this shrub is huge and has several thick upward branches. It stands about 10ft tall.

I know it’s not an ideal time to be lifting anything, but they are going to cut this down and remove the whole shrub as they don’t want it. Question is should I rescue the trunk and some root and give it a go. Seems to good an opportunity to pass.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pictures?

I just did one from my landscape this spring (we were putting in a patio, and it was in the way).

First item in this thread:

Definitely not the best time, but I hear they root well. Nothing to lose if they are getting rid of it anyway.

Darran

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pictures?

I just did one from my landscape this spring (we were putting in a patio, and it was in the way).

First item in this thread:

Definitely not the best time, but I hear they root well. Nothing to lose if they are getting rid of it anyway.

It will be very similar to the one in the picture in your thread and similar size trunk base. I think it will be taken out ina fortnight, if they do decide it’s all going then I will give it a go, like you say nothing to lose.

I will post some pictures when I am able.

Top Bottom