Welcome to Lake Kimura and the island of bonsai

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
This is what happens after almost 10 hours of steady rain after 3 years of almost no rain. Getting the boat ready just in case.
file_zps2d67834b.jpg

file_zps3b7c76be.jpg

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
WOW! Time for a pallet of Bungee Cords! Here they are saying another 12 inches of snow Monday so although that looks bad I think you will be in far better shape soon! Would also be nice to see those trees in the first Sun right after the rain stops :)

Grimmy

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Cali really really needs the rain; unfortunately not all at once. They need like a month of slow, steady showers to start reversing that drought they are in.

Ris

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hey Bob atleast the pond will have water in the front lol.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Hey Bob atleast the pond will have water in the front lol.

It's supposed to be dry!
We're supposed to get from 1/2 inch to 3-4 inches in the mountains of rain-an hour.
Thats how it happens here all or nothing. Even so this won't make any ral difference in the drought. If we have a wet March maybe...

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hang in there man,That beast of a storm is supposed to be here in Sunday/Monday.I hope it is a complete miss.Saying a foot of snow ,of course.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I'm loving it- its been way too long without it. We've had more rain in the last 24 hours then all of the last year.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bob, now its time to offer those Bonsai for sale as "Lakefront Properties" ;)

We have had some of the wettest springs on record the last three years in Ohio, scenes like several inches of water on the ground are far to common to me. This winter in Florida it has done nothing but rain, at least 4 days each week for the past month, wish I could send it out to California for you.

ed

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Lakefront properties means he can increase the selling price right?

I heard that some areas may get 10 inches of rain around here. They say we need 15 to counter the drought though. It's a good start for the year I think!

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
It would be nice to have a wet March but not too likely. The mountains will get 10" we may get 4-6 when all over. The higher mountains may get a couple of feet of snow.
It would be nice if there were a way to send water from the wet places to the dry.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It would be nice to have a wet March but not too likely. The mountains will get 10" we may get 4-6 when all over. The higher mountains may get a couple of feet of snow.
It would be nice if there were a way to send water from the wet places to the dry.

Yea.......

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wishing you a wet March. Drought can be devastating to say the least, and far reaching in consequence.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Really far reaching since we're the biggest agricultural state.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yup, it will be a costly marketplace for the foreseeable future for crops that we all get from there, and for meat that are produced with feed from that area as well.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
How did you make out with all the mud or did it not become an issue?

Grimmy

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I wound up being just a little mess for us. No big deal. Its a problem on the hillsides though-especially the one denuded by fire.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I wound up being just a little mess for us. No big deal. Its a problem on the hillsides though-especially the one denuded by fire.

Good to hear you were spared for the most part. You have a very nice place there!

Grimmy

Top Bottom