Welcome visitor to my garden

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A little chilly here for the reptiles :) I'm used to seeing snakes and tarantulas all over the trails when I biked in CA. Since I've moved to NC, what I'm NOT used to is the snakes you DON'T see.

From last year... can you pick out the copperhead in this photo?

snake.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
A little chilly here for the reptiles :) I'm used to seeing snakes and tarantulas all over the trails when I biked in CA. Since I've moved to NC, what I'm NOT used to is the snakes you DON'T see.

From last year... can you pick out the copperhead in this photo?

View attachment 365507

I feel as though this is a terrible magic eye where I keep thinking I've seen more than one but I've probably not even seen whatever you're talking about

Not moving to copperhead country thanks

edit: found it, I think it may have actually taken me at least 3-5 mintues

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I see nothing. ?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I feel as though this is a terrible magic eye where I keep thinking I've seen more than one but I've probably not even seen whatever you're talking about

Not moving to copperhead country thanks

edit: found it, I think it may have actually taken me at least 3-5 mintues

Hint: it is right in the middle, and no it is not under the leaves. It is hiding in plain sight. And yes, it is venomous so don't step on it.

Crazy, right?

Look for regular triangular patterns on the back.

Last edited:

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Welcome to copperhead country. Had a contractor several years ago that said he ended up disturbing a nest of copperheads when he was grading my property. He said he saw 6 or 7 of 'em. I ran into one in my garage about this time last spring, about 10" long w/ a green tail. (That means he was a baby ...and they're just as deadly but a bit more unpredictable ...apparently.)

I was doing some yard cleanup today and saw a snake 3 times. 2 of them might've been the same snake, but one of them wasn't. I DO NOT care for snakes, but try to let them do their thing.

I see 30+ Carolina/Green Anoles every time I water my trees.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I DO NOT care for snakes, but try to let them do their thing.

I honestly have never been bothered by a snake that I didn't bother. Even if I did bother them (accidentally) they would typically prefer to go their own way versus mix it up with a lunky primate.

However I have to admit that copperheads are very pretty. And they have never bothered me, so I return the favor :)

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Makes me glad that I live where we have cold winter and poisonous snakes really dont occur here.

I had some landscapers find a snake in my yard once that they said was a poisonous snake and it wasnt native. Either was a pet that escaped from someone or it came in on some landscaping/lumber. It was red and black, which isnt a common one that Im aware of that is a pet. It definitely wasnt a corn snake. They were convinced it was a bad one and not from around here so I told them to kill it. It was in my back yard where my dogs run and I walk around bare foot. I dont need them or us getting bitten.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well...I was really good at Finding Waldo. And I was excellent with the Magic Eye books and posters. This snake had me looking for a long time. Thanks for the red circle....I probably would not have ever found the snake.

I'm not really a fan of snakes.

BonsaiFurLife

Yamadori
Reaction score
Had a visitor the other day as well

Attachments

• 6C69DEBC-2E22-4AE0-8EEE-F84AA6E93603.jpeg
    6C69DEBC-2E22-4AE0-8EEE-F84AA6E93603.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 37

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
the coolest visitor I ever had on my trees was a preying manits

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
What the?! Damn, that copperhead was cammoed! Yup, not walkin in those woods. Ever.

Top Bottom