Well lookie there...creeper, creeped in and took a win.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Who would have thought that all these years glaring at this tree, not really liking it...then finally appreciating the full weeping canopy that was finally developed.
FB_IMG_1624736483997.jpg

FB_IMG_1624741008960.jpg

Planted deep because Jim Lewis was adamant of the hot mess of roots was horrid. And...without a tree developed...and a focused on the roots which are a hot mess.
FB_IMG_1625091841917.jpg

2020... making Lemonade from the loss of a canopy raccoon destroyed. When they came in from scents of a late night camp fire...and I had moved this tree to the stone wall near the fire pit. To drape over the wall. During their investigation they ripped the majority of my built structure apart.

So new angle change and showing off the hot mess of roots with a taller tree and movement. Creeper is creeping up out of the pot. FB_IMG_1624276308431.jpg

That said...this image taken this spring. Won a Native New England Bonsai contest as first place deciduous. There was also a conifer section. Cool contest...cool prizes. I chose a gift certificate offered by Dorian McCarron. To any bonsai store of my choice. *New England Bonsai group was who had the contest.

A Seikouen pot from Wigerts became my prize.

JAP0791-4-web(1).jpg

Notes_210630_183527_b6d.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Very cool! So does creepy get the new pot?
No, that pot is way to small. The creeper is in a 9 inch round. I just loved the wide lip on the pot. But actuality...inside width is around 3". It has a slight flare which adds an inch at the top. But the lip is an inch wide.

Top Bottom