Well my fall is ruined

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wonder if its weather related...one of my plums did this last week out of no where about half the leaves turned dark brown not crispy but fell off at the touch of my hand. We have had some pretty cold nights for this time of year. Looked exactly like the picture of you pear.
This happens to all fruit trees here.
The only hawthorn with leaves on it here is sitting on my bench.
All crabs,pears,hawthorns etc. have been bare for weeks.
The maples here are half bare.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Well now I'm going to have to go look at my trees that I have not seen in a few days (long work days) as I sprayed them for a last time on Monday... Sorry for your pear, but at least you're not going to loose it. I don't think fall color around my area will be very good, the weather was too dry for too long late summer.

My ume too is half bare at the moment, I don't think they really get fall color though.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My ume too is half bare at the moment, I don't think they really get fall color though.
That ume of mine is not interested in loosing it's leaves at all this year, they are still very green. We will get a frost/maybe light freeze tomorrow night. I've had to move a few trees that have a ton of very new (2 week old) growth into the cold house to keep them from taking a hit. I'll let them harden off a bit before exposing them.

Top Bottom