Went by Plant City Bonsai today....

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
On our way back from trout fishing....Had a nice conversation with Steve and looked around for awhile. Bought a small pre-bonsai trident maple to play with come spring....Yea I know it will take lots of time and work but that is OK....It was cheap and I need to learn about them before spending much on one. Some pics of my new tree and a few I took of other stuff including a nice brook trout I caught today. Me and the kid had a great day.

roof%2B033.jpg

roof%2B035.jpg

roof%2B026.jpg

roof%2B027.jpg

roof%2B032.jpg

roof%2B014.jpg

Brian

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice trout! Which river did you fish? I live near the Soque. There are whales in it! Rainbows.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That trunk seems to have some movement as well...never hurts to practice your horticultural skills before taking the bigger plunge. Have fun with it!

Glad to hear you and the boy had fun...there is a quote I like. Not sure who said it...but it goes something like this. I think that sums up your fishing trip...;)
The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of time each day.

Edit:Sorry...that should have said kid...girls like to go fishin' too. Spent many days with line in hand when I was younger.

Last edited:

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Smith Creek above Helen....The delayed Harvest started Nov. 1st...We almost never keep them anyway, too much trouble to clean and cook. Adair know anyone with frontage on the Soque....We would love to fish it....? Most of it is private pay-to-fish water.

The very short video below is a brookie even nicer....

Darlene....It will get chopped to only 2 or 3 inches high this spring....Time to do some more reading on Smoke's blog...He has a ton of good info about TM's on there.

Brian

[video=youtube_share;mtBnz4Hb6b4]http://youtu.be/mtBnz4Hb6b4[/video]

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ted Turner bought a lot of Soque frontage. I do know several who own frontage, but I've never asked to fish. There are a couple public places to fish. Go on a weekday.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wee.

Nice fish!

Darlene. Hell yeah!

2-3 inches!? Another I wouldn't chop.

Please A/l the top!

Sorce

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Adair....I knew Ted bought a large tract a few years ago....Just wasn't sure if he still owned. I just figured I'd ask.

Sorce....I may airlayer it so I will have stock to use if needed, I have also never tried an airlayer so this would be a good chance to try.

Brian

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Just noticed a new video from Steve....The interesting thing is he talks prices in this one which you almost never see....Nice touch for the folks like me that are new to bonsai.

[video=youtube_share;cyRRBptR2Lc]http://youtu.be/cyRRBptR2Lc[/video]

Brian

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ted bought the property as a "life estate". Which means he gets to use it for as long as he lives. Then title reverts back to the seller.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I took Boon fishing at Marty Simmon’s place on the Soque last March. It was snowing as we waded in to the river! I caught one, and Boon caught two. Catch and release. We had a guide who did all the hard work of changing our flies! It was fun, but we froze our feet off! Lol!

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Me and the kid were back up at Smith's this past December....Had a good time but didn't catch near as many, no time to run by Steve's. We have talked about a guided trip just never pulled the trigger.

I let the growth get out of hand with too many branches coming out at the same level which has caused it too bulge in places.

I will decide what to do with it when I re-pot it.

Brian

Top Bottom