We're to go from here?

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Found this guy at the end of my drive way this spring and put it in a put. Think there's any thing I can do with it ?And if yes could you point me in a direction to start out with.. thanks.

Attachments

• 20151007_095658.jpg
    20151007_095658.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 38

Bunjeh

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Let it grow for at least one more year to reestablish vigor. Fertilize the heck out of it as well. See where it takes you this time next year. Lot's of potential there, IMHO.

Bunjeh

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just noticed what you have it planted in. I would recommend a better soil mix and better drainage. That is why it looks yellow.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very jealous, I'd love to have that tree! But I agree with bunjeh up there. This thing needs better care before you can begin any work on it. I mean absolutely no offense to you, but you should do research on basic care and make that little guy is real happy before any pruning traumas. goodluck!

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks guys! I just used the soil it was growing in and added sand to it to help with drainage... but I will try and get some food for it. And put it better quality soil first thing in the spring... kinda late to repot it now I would think...

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nothing I could do as far as cosmetic's though?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I think you will want to bend that branch so that the foliage is closer to the base (make the tree compact). But it isn't a good idea now, right after digging and potting. All that activity will inevitably damage what few roots it has. I suggest that you plan to do this next fall (it is very easy to accidentally strip the bark off any tree during the active growing season), assuming it has become vigorous next season.

Bunjeh

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
When you consider you are about to hit the winter months I would still go ahead and transplant it into a better pot or a wooden box even now. Dont bare root, just pick it up and move it. I would fill the rest of the new pot with a good draining mix, even just pumice if you have to.

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sounds good . Thanks guys. I started getting into bonsai last year and had no Internet. ... and no one around here is interested in it so iv had no one to do Q an A with... thanks for your time guys!

Top Bottom