Western Juniper

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This Junie was collected from the flanks of Mt Shasta in 2018 by a friend of mine. It was potted in pumice at the time and has not been touched since.
Please wait for the pics.

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
First time with this variety so, please, any information is greatly appreciated. I'd like to give it a repot, not a bonsai pot, but another trainer.
And a thank you to the sorceman for putting up the pictures!

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hadn't considered grafting, although I have a nice big shimpaku with lots of available material, it's not something I've ever done. I believe there's a way to manage the growth to control the juvenile growth, similar to the treatment of the San Jose Junie's. There's a lot of questions woven into that. Lol
My first consideration right now is to get the roots tended to and a better container. I'd like to see the roots spread out in a lower profile pot, but I'm not opposed to sitting on it for some time.

Last edited:

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had this tree in a full sun position and it lost a lot of foliage. I moved it to a shadier spot last summer and it rejuvenated very nicely. Much better color and no more brown out. Hoping to get the roots sorted out and repotted this spring.
Thanks for your interest and I'll try to keep it updated.

Top Bottom