What’s Wrong With People - Eastern Leaf Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
The Bible thumper was the one who thought God belonged in this thread.

Plenty of religious people are educated. Plenty are not.

But my point of bringing up education is that my thoughts on this matter stem from more than one book. Diversity of thought is a good thing.
calling someone a bible thumper is cheap and subjective.

im not very religious but keep the door open 5%, and think that's a prick thing to say to someone

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The Bible thumper was the one who thought God belonged in this thread.

Plenty of religious people are educated. Plenty are not.

But my point of bringing up education is that my thoughts on this matter stem from more than one book. Diversity of thought is a good thing.
Very professional for an educated PhD fellow to call on names in order to degrade other human beings for their beliefs, and sometimes, lack of thereof.

While his post was not the most helpful in this thread, it was an expression of his beliefs... and as I can tell he was at least polite and direct on his posts. Unlike you.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Godlessness is the root of dishonor, dishonesty, profane living, all that is sin. It is the greatest social evil.
Take your absolute garbage nonsense elsewhere. Pretentious trash statement and unfair presumed assumption that people without god in their lives cannot live by a good moral code.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Godlessness is the root of dishonor, dishonesty, profane living, all that is sin. It is the greatest social evil.
Correct again sir.
Be careful though....the tyrants may kick you off the internet if you keep up that sort of free speech and intellectual diversity.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Lack of Morale, Values, and Beliefs is the root of dishonor, dishonesty, profane living, all that is sin. It is the greatest social evil.

Take your absolute garbage nonsense elsewhere. Pretentious trash statement and unfair presumed assumption that people without god in their lives cannot live by a good moral code.

Let me fix it for you... for Christians lack of those equals to not having God in your life. People that don't have those values are the ones dishonor, dishonest, etc. Values can be instill in you, even if there is no God in your life.

By the way, you do know that Moral code, Moral values, etc... were derived from religion right?

John P.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Very professional for an educated PhD fellow to call on names in order to degrade other human beings for their beliefs, and sometimes, lack of thereof.

While his post was not the most helpful in this thread, it was an expression of his beliefs... and as I can tell he was at least polite and direct on his posts. Unlike you.
Not a PhD; a JD.

The “religious” people are the ones who always have to bring up their god whenever and wherever they can. Christians, Muslims, you name it. The people who don’t “believe,” whether agnostic or atheist, don’t force their beliefs without an invitation.

That’s why those of us who don’t proselytize our beliefs get irked.

I went to 17 years of Catholic school, so it’s not like I haven’t seen that world.

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
Let me fix it for you... for Christians lack of those equals to not having God in your life. People that don't have those values are the ones dishonor, dishonest, etc. Values can be instill in you, even if there is no God in your life.

By the way, you do know that Moral code, Moral values, etc... were derived from religion right?
incorrect moral codes are to do with social acceptability they where adopted into religion from, society not the other way round

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That video was brutal to watch. You could feel his pain. Hopefully the trees, or at least some of them, are recovered before it's too late.

Those of you making this about religion should really STFU. My opinion of course.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Not a PhD; a JD.

The “religious” people are the ones who always have to bring up their god whenever and wherever they can. Christians, Muslims, you name it. The people who don’t “believe,” whether agnostic or atheist, don’t force their beliefs without an invitation.

That’s why those of us who don’t proselytize our beliefs get irked.

I went to 17 years of Catholic school, so it’s not like I haven’t seen that world.
I'm a "religious" person... yet you don't see me condemning the world for their Godlessness... some do, but that doesn't bother me. I let them scream all they want. Now engaging them and belittling them for their beliefs is plain ignorant to be blunt about it. Same on the other end, belittling someone because they don't believe in the same things you do, is plain ignorant as well.

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Pfff.... I'm not religious, I just follow one rule:
"Treat persons the way you want to be treated"
If everyone would adhere to that, it would be much better on this planet.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

Basically agreed....but religion gives purpose.
All the so called morality in the world provides no purpose for one's existence.

When you have no purpose, why abide by laws? Makes no difference in the end, right?.....we're all just worm food, right?

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Very sorry to hear that Eastern Leaf had so many trees stolen. Evil is as evil does. I hope that at least some of the trees can be recovered.

As far as the religious direction this thread has gone, I'll say this: I am a Christian. The world has been filled with sin since Adam and Eve. No human is perfect. We are all flawed, not least of all me. Jesus came to save the sinners, which we all are. He also died to pay the price for that sin. If you have chosen to believe that in your heart, then you are saved. If you have not chosen to believe that, then it is not too late. I do not judge any of you, and will continue to try to love my neighbors as myself.

If this post gets me banned from these forums, then I am accepting of that, and will hold no grudge against such action. I will never deny who Jesus was, is, and will always be. Be it in a bonsai forum or anywhere else.

Again, sorry for the theft at Eastern Leaf, and I hope Jason can recover from the loss.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No, but I am a genius. Don’t need to belong to a club or cult.

I've been working as a scientist for 30 years, went to grad school, have a PhD. I'm not a genius, just someone with a certain intellectual ability and the willingness to work hard. That said, I have met a number of individuals who were truly geniuses, including my graduate research adviser, the president of the company I work for, and others along the way. All I can say is, none of them had to tell anyone they were geniuses. You could just tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom