What’s Your Favorite Attire for Watering Bonsai?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Generally I like to wear clothes when I water.
Shoes are optional in the summer
Boots are mandatory when its cold.
However most of the time now, I let the sprinkler on a timer deal with the watering chores.

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Generally I like to wear clothes when I water.
Shoes are optional in the summer
Boots are mandatory when its cold.
However most of the time now, I let the sprinkler on a timer deal with the watering chores.
Off topic: how do you go about fertilizer? Just curious.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Off topic: how do you go about fertilizer? Just curious.

Pretty much the same except I do that manually with a bucket and measuring cup.
I use fish a emulsion and seaweed mixture. The yard is a little stinky for a couple of hours but the skin on my feet is nice and soft 😄

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pretty much the same except I do that manually with a bucket and measuring cup.
I use fish a emulsion and seaweed mixture. The yard is a little stinky for a couple of hours but the skin on my feet is nice and soft 😄
I see lol, very nice 😄

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I find this thread somewhat bizarre yet vastly entertaining. Apparently many of you have no neighbors. Mine aren't really close, but I do wear some clothes. I live in a very small town and prefer not to be the latest subject of gossip for the golf cart driving elderly faction.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
View attachment 329541
The sun poked through the smoke for exactly 3 minutes today. My city has literally the worst air quality in the world right now :(
Hang in there! One of my daughters lives in an apartment in Spokane. Terrible filtration. So being an engineer she got 2 Merv filters and used her box fan to make this air filtration unit.
Praying for breathable air for everyone!
DSD sends
5CECDBC1-A968-47AD-B5AC-9A201D56CC8A.jpeg

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I find this thread somewhat bizarre yet vastly entertaining. Apparently many of you have no neighbors. Mine aren't really close, but I do wear some clothes. I live in a very small town and prefer not to be the latest subject of gossip for the golf cart driving elderly faction.
I find it slightly alarming how many are on some form of recreational drug 😂😅

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I find it slightly alarming how many are on some form of recreational drug 😂😅
this smoker is currently reconciling a multi hundred thousand dollar checking accnt stmt.
the prescription meds crew are far worse or boozebags in my experience. to each their own.
look up the article 'why french kids dont have add' sometime, fascinating. i used to mess w some aderol and
my goodness. diet coke or better.

also, was reminded with the neighbor thing: i got lucky, one side neighbor has extra plot between us, and other side has trees and long driveway house setback that i dont see much, fenced in backyard except the back of fence is hedge. i dont have to worry about watering nude much, and have done it pretty close anyway many times. funny story: guy across st i didnt realise was mowing lawn toward my front window when my gf and i were Eiffel towering in the living room. i had only been in the house a year or two at the time and hadnt factored this. lets just say i dont tihnk his lines were straight for that section of his lawn. same gf, was tanning in her bday suit in my backyard in spring. the back hedge hadnt filled in and neighbor happened to ride his mower directly behind my house and got a full 5 second introduction to lex that day. i had barely met these people yet but shit happens. at least im not loud or anything

hope everyone has a great day

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
this smoker is currently reconciling a multi hundred thousand dollar checking accnt stmt.
the prescription meds crew are far worse or boozebags in my experience. to each their own.
look up the article 'why french kids dont have add' sometime, fascinating. i used to mess w some aderol and
my goodness. diet coke or better.

also, was reminded with the neighbor thing: i got lucky, one side neighbor has extra plot between us, and other side has trees and long driveway house setback that i dont see much, fenced in backyard except the back of fence is hedge. i dont have to worry about watering nude much, and have done it pretty close anyway many times. funny story: guy across st i didnt realise was mowing lawn toward my front window when my gf and i were Eiffel towering in the living room. i had only been in the house a year or two at the time and hadnt factored this. lets just say i dont tihnk his lines were straight for that section of his lawn. same gf, was tanning in her bday suit in my backyard in spring. the back hedge hadnt filled in and neighbor happened to ride his mower directly behind my house and got a full 5 second introduction to lex that day. i had barely met these people yet but shit happens. at least im not loud or anything

hope everyone has a great day
I bet you made your neighbors day with the sunbathing episode 😂🤣🤣. A nude neighbor is far better than a loud one, much easier to just not look vs. trying not to hear.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I bet you made your neighbors day with the sunbathing episode 😂🤣🤣. A nude neighbor is far better than a loud one, much easier to just not look vs. trying not to hear.
i brought up the french article and personal experience with it because im pretty sure about one in four kids in US
is prescribed it. if not its at least one in ten. amphetamine. can snort it. wild. not good to get involved with though.
it feels the same or better than the frank white and these are kids teens and college kids doing it every day.

what you mentioned about being nude vs loud is true i think. the backyard scene was a good one for the 70 y/o neighbor russ,
it was all good. the neighbor across the st saw some next level shit though it was in my top 3 funny 'moments'

this morning i watered in gym shorts and a fleece only, to keep things on track here

Top Bottom