What’s your latest Bonsai related purchase?

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you can find an old office chair, the kind that spin, just remove the seat and replace it with a board.

See Peter Chan isn't all bad.😜 He's got a video on it somewhere from a couple years ago.
Office chair works great other options multiple flat bearings avail large plastic bearing for a kitchen lazy Susan is great for multiple turntables permanent outside to grow trees on they don’t corrode and seize . You want cheap car wrecking yard . Wheel hub and bearing can easily be modified and will hold up anything . Upper bearing mount from any front wheel drive suspension strut In many cases you don’t actually need a bearing . Go to a plastic supply store there are very slippery hard plastics available a pilot in the middle and 2 pieces of wood coated with these works make it so it comes apart dirt will cause friction . There are endless possibilities almost any swivel mount can be converted . Old camera tripod works great as a portable one that can change angles to study small trees . The expensive height adjusting professional. Turntables you see being used are converted from barber or hairdressing chairs

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I tried to buy the Dawn redwood on the right. The cashier at lowes scanned everything in my cart except the tree…. Does this still count as a purchase? I tried to buy it 😂 This photo also shows what fish emulsion and a water pan does to a dawn redwood. Both these trees were the same size 30 days ago when I purchased the one on the left. They are from the same lowes from the same lot of trees.
294A2D05-0918-450F-B290-3B74E9EC1D44.jpeg

Bonsai Pete

Sapling
Reaction score
I just purchased a nursery stock Acer Palmatum Corallinum because I didn’t have one and it’s nice 😅😂. Using a new seller who’s prices are really quite good compared to other online nursery’s offering the same size range for higher costs. So if things turn out well I’ll be adding them to the “European websites” thread.
Got my eye on a few more from them for the future including some Mugo’s if I am satisfied with my test purchase.
This Elm was Bent and Dent rescue I got at a great price. It was missing 3 limbs, now looking awesome!

Attachments

• elm1.jpg
    elm1.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 44
Top Bottom