What’s your latest Bonsai related purchase?

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Couple of beauties arrived from @BrightsideB . These are the first pots I’ve purchased that aren’t square/round. I’m loving the texture and character on both them. And as others mentioned the fit/finish is top notch.

Rob, if you don’t mind me asking how do you get the eaten away effect on the pot on the right? If it’s a secret no need to share :)

View attachment 477751View attachment 477752
Glad they arrived! It isn’t a secret. It’s a commercially available glaze. I think it’s the application and creativity in that style that makes it unique. I remember making that pot and then when I went to glaze it the idea dawned on me to make those recessed areas look kind of like a volcanic craters. I’m glad you like it!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Praise to the environmentalists 😂😂😂 this is no big deal for for all you guys . From the west of North America . ( keep saying just use this like we all can get it at the corner store ) in the north the nearest volcano is across the continent . ( read that word continent not country the size of a American state ) . But we got ice in the winter 🥶 this product is environmentally friendly sidewalk traction grit . ( instead if using salt to melt it or cheap crushed limestone ) . It’s 100 percent crushed black pumice with no additives PH 6.3 listed as plant and pet friendly . 👍👍😎😎 for me it’s smaller particle size than the crushed granite I like . ( not to mention costlier) but it’s pumice and a great colour 👍👍 .
Ooo, nice! I’ll have to check for that stuff. Sounds like a possibly good alternative

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Got some chopsticks for $2.50 yesterday
Bur you could make your own for 10x that much plus your time and shipping?

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There idea is they sell . Bamboo round or chunk of raw bamboo . I have not seen the vid but Ryan uses a range of different size . Chop sticks . So I assume the vid is about there creation

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ooo, nice! I’ll have to check for that stuff. Sounds like a possibly good alternative
It’s mined in British Columbia . The 2 main store chains that carry it are Canadian hardware stores . Not to mention it’s sold as a traction product for ice in the winter May be difficult for you to source in your location

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Haha, I’ve posted in there already

It was a cool read for me, but yes, I ain’t buying a stick of bamboo. I’m sure I could find more cost effective materials if I was so inclined

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It’s mined in British Columbia . The 2 main store chains that carry it are Canadian hardware stores . Not to mention it’s sold as a traction product for ice in the winter May be difficult for you to source in your location
45min drive north and I could prob find something. WalMart sells bags of traction salt up there. I’ll have to check next winter

But my luck it’ll prob just be soda ash

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So…I bought the ficus. My kid wants to learn and it would be a good tree for him.
Unfortunately the seller informed me after purchase that he has already trimmed it since the pictures ….nooooooo 🤣🤣🤣

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So…I bought the ficus. My kid wants to learn and it would be a good tree for him.
Unfortunately the seller informed me after purchase that he has already trimmed it since the pictures ….nooooooo 🤣🤣🤣
Hopefully he didn't do too much to it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What kind of ficus is it? And yeah the pre-cut would actually get on my nerves as well.

Top Bottom