What’s your latest Bonsai related purchase?

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My sons ficus turned up today. Bigger than I expected, has some wire scars and not a fan of its pre-shipping unauthorized trim but seems healthy enough. That’s a serving tray the pot is sitting on to give you a size idea.

281F342D-4A43-462C-84F4-1FD630637C83.jpeg
23AE1DC0-4945-4D0A-A331-41B574712B6B.jpeg
181EE7F0-A1E5-4998-AB86-256CCAC5A84D.jpeg
D3B11A3D-3D6D-4696-9E94-A9E402AC89BE.jpeg
once it grows out again there should be plenty for him to practice on.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like it. If it were mine I would chop the lower branch right at the first big side branch. Tuning fork shape solved.
i've not yet made any type of plan yet coz i have been busy as heck AND its been pissing with rain for over a week,
ill take your advice and chop the top, then i'll do some measuring to see if i can make a plan to keep it in shohin territory

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will not sure the first part qualifies as a latest purchase . But let’s go with latest arrival . A bunch of tree seeds that have
Been lost by the postal service . ( about 1 month late got to love a government run service provider ) but at least there finally here . Also picked up 10 count of 2 gallon cloth root pouches . Never tried them . See how well the work

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Will not sure the first part qualifies as a latest purchase . But let’s go with latest arrival . A bunch of tree seeds that have
Been lost by the postal service . ( about 1 month late got to love a government run service provider ) but at least there finally here . Also picked up 10 count of 2 gallon cloth root pouches . Never tried them . See how well the work
I had seeds that took 2 years to get to me so a month is nothing, lol.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So my ginkgo arrived. What a nightmare.
Snapped in half, super wet and stinky soil everywhere, packaging that I am allergic to (they used hay).

I’m sure it will live but still it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind 🤣 Repotted the now bare stick it as it was not really potted up anymore.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
One gallon bottle of fish & kelp fertilizer.
This time the bottle will be kept away from my neighbor's big dog. Things were smelly at my neighbor's house after the dog got to my yard and drank nearly a whole gallon of my fish fertilizer. :D

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
So my ginkgo arrived. What a nightmare.
Snapped in half, super wet and stinky soil everywhere, packaging that I am allergic to (they used hay).

I’m sure it will live but still it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind 🤣 Repotted the now bare stick it as it was not really potted up anymore.
Complain and get your money back.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I am contemplating putting fairy tale figurines on my bonsai to get my grandchildren's imagination going. Any recommendations around this theme?

August

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am contemplating putting fairy tale figurines on my bonsai to get my grandchildren's imagination going. Any recommendations around this theme?
Gnomes! Or like those little humanoid animals in fantasy novels. Screenshot_20230329_095847_Google.jpg
On that note almost any RPG miniature would be cooler than the classic "monk fishing" figures

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Again some perspective . Things like just order it from Bobs bonsai . As I have said before . Shipping into Canada from a foreign country . Yes that includes the USA . Has got crazy since Covid . Final chapter my X mass present from my daughter . 2 bonsai books from a reputable bonsai supplier in the USA . ( no fault of the the supplier ) books aprox 40 $ cross border shipping taxes and any import fee ( should be no fee ) 111.50 $ Fed Ex has been e mailing her since that she owes them a further 36.75 . For so called border issues . Her being a teenager that still believes . Right from wrong and people honouring agreements . Has refused to pay with out proof . Today I paid them before it creates a black mark on her credit . Books 40. $ shipping and border 148.25 Canadian. I have heard multiple similar stories . 200 in wire from Miria 675$ to get it to Toronto . Canada . I think you can understand my thread on other stuff for bonsai . And desire for Canadian suppliers . @Bonsai Nut thank you for partnering with a tool supplier that ships to Canada for free . They will get all my business .

Top Bottom