What’s your latest Bonsai related purchase?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
View attachment 388176
And this little was in there too

View attachment 388177
This was yesterday lol. My name is Tommy and I have an addiction problem.
I'm sure you know how to safely remove moss. You apply white vinegar with a brush. Be it an artist brush or tooth brush. You are just applying the liquid to the moss area trying not to saturate the pot. Wait for it to turn brown then and only then...remove it. I would think you know this...but incase you didn't.

Jiminsauga

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It's not as interesting as a @sorce pot, but this clay salsa bowl caught my eye on Facebook marketplace.

The little bowl is permanently attached, which I thought would be wild if I can use it as a little water feature at the base of whichever tree I decide should go into the bowl/pot.

Just gotta add some drainage holes...

IMG_20210801_1916004.jpgIMG_20210801_1916099.jpgIMG_20210801_1916284.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It's not as interesting as a @sorce pot, but this clay salsa bowl caught my eye on Facebook marketplace.

The little bowl is permanently attached, which I thought would be wild if I can use it as a little water feature at the base of whichever tree I decide should go into the bowl/pot.

View attachment 389426View attachment 389427View attachment 389428
That’s cool!!!

Watch for stagnation usuals.. like algae/mold buildup... and little flyin’ vampire beasts.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

That's funny, I just got these guys at the local transfer station's "swap shop" (aka dump). Really just to make my cuttings look a little fancier in my home office under the grow lights this winter.

PXL_20210801_235420767.jpg

Holes drilled:
PXL_20210801_235434574.jpg

Plenty of life left in the cheap diamond hole saw kit I bought when we built a dormer, and put in a new bathroom with tiled floor and shower.

Mountaineerfan

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I have this same chips and salsa bowl! We've owned it for 25 years! :)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Greetings, Stranger! I see you have brought your Salsa Bowl with you on your Voyage here, to The Tiny Forest! The Woody Dwarves (Pa-Is) want me to provide you accolades on your impeccable timing.... for tonight, wayward traveller.... is Tex-Mex night!

Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Jiminsauga

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That's amazing to hear! It's a very charming bowl that I may keep it as a chip bowl as well. Who knows, it may be 25 years before the right tree comes along for it haha.

Top Bottom