What’s your latest Bonsai related purchase?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I did NOT buy this. We're on vacation and were headed out for the day when we saw this sign and I am not even kidding a guy in a white van. Of course we stopped. Like I figured, he had a bunch of Junipers. Now, I have no interest in Junipers whatsoever and tried to hurry my husband along. But he had one in his hand he thought "looked cool" and bought it for me. 🙁 I guess now I have a Juniper, tiny though it is. View attachment 384946View attachment 384947
I forgot to add, we came through a couple of hours later and I thought he had another customer, but it was a police car. I think he was making him move along......

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I did NOT buy this. We're on vacation and were headed out for the day when we saw this sign and I am not even kidding a guy in a white van. Of course we stopped. Like I figured, he had a bunch of Junipers. Now, I have no interest in Junipers whatsoever and tried to hurry my husband along. But he had one in his hand he thought "looked cool" and bought it for me. 🙁 I guess now I have a Juniper, tiny though it is. View attachment 384946View attachment 384947

Difficult to resist the temptation when the trees are in our path...

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I forgot to add, we came through a couple of hours later and I thought he had another customer, but it was a police car. I think he was making him move along......
permits, licenses, taxes, registrations on trailer, van, person, etc.
need so much for operating in this country - except voting.

was this in florida?
they look like nice little junipers. procumbens or shimpaku (sp?)

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Repotting season is fast approaching here so I decided I needed to get myself prepared ... with a new pot or two...
View attachment 383574
The 2 on the left are from Marie Hewartson (aussie potter), next to those in front is a Murrumbung Ceramics/Bonsai Island collaboration (aussie potter also), centre at the back are 2 Roman Husmann rounds (German), and the remaining 4 on the right are all Walsall Sudio Ceramics pieces (UK) ...
Once you start, it can be kinda hard to stop yourself saying "Mmmm ... maybe one more ..."
australia? (youngbloods brodie moss, mick fanning, joel parkinson, ronnie dahl, kirra and burleigh heads, fan here, yewww) im also a fan of the country in terms of economy and immigration.

i follow you on insta (@dawnpatrol24t) your trees and work are amazing

repotting season is over for us now until next spring for the most part, i think your seasons are a lot
different. that said - im the same way, and i am going on saturday to buy more pots from a place i found that has
nice pots (to me) for a good deal, will be something to look forward to and tease me over the winter.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Difficult to resist the temptation when the trees are in our path...
I could have easily resisted this one! He's the one that decided I should have it. But, I guess it's the thought that counts. In years past, he wouldn't have even stopped, so he's making progress!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
swamp runs deep, and good for you! looks pretty out there despite hollywoods take on the area in the show Ozark
I've never seen the show, but it is very pretty here. The condo is right on the lake.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Walsall studio is not far from where I live but never knew it existed until today. Must buy pots…..

I've gotten the Japanese pot bug bad, and Walsall is one of the few non-Japanese pot makers that has consistently made me look closer to figure out who made it. I really want to get some at some point, I love his aesthetic. All the ones I've found that fit that style I like have been mame pots though, feels like they get snapped up quickly! You're lucky to live nearby.

Top Bottom