What’s your latest Bonsai related purchase?

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A few months ago I installed a rainwater collection system with 3 barrels (around 750 liter capacity) and a 230v Seaflow waterpump to water my trees with a gardenhose.

But sometimes I want to water my trees with a regular watering can and I've been looking to buy a Japanese copper watering can (6 liter) for months.
But the EU sellers are all out of stock or they are ridicilous expensive and therefor I decided to buy a Haws watering can instead.
I just ordered a two gallon Haws watering can (The Warley Fall Green) with a € 20,00 discount and free shipping.

Haws-15098_v1_1080x.jpg
A few months ago I installed a rainwater collection system with 3 barrels (around 750 liter capacity) and a 230v Seaflow waterpump to water my trees with a gardenhose.

But sometimes I want to water my trees with a regular watering can and I've been looking to buy a Japanese copper watering can (6 liter) for months.
But the EU sellers are all out of stock or they are ridicilous expensive and therefor I decided to buy a Haws watering can instead.
I just ordered a two gallon Haws watering can (The Warley Fall Green) with a € 20,00 discount and free shipping.

Haws-15098_v1_1080x.jpg
👍👍 I only have 1 rain barrel but I add fertilizer. . Then I apply it with the plastic version of the same can upgraded with the rose that is on your can . Also have there water wand highly recommended it . All brass no cheap plastic or garbage connections to leak . Little old English lady rose grower that lived down the street when I moved here . First told me about Haws

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see your future bonsai purchase: Cattle electric fence and a sign that says:
"You touch my bonsai, you will get zapped, and the video of you getting zapped will be on YouTube and Tic Tock"
Unfortunately it’s not a laughing matter anymore . Bonsai theft is becoming more common . About 5 years ago a friend and his wife who had been growing bonsai for 20 years lost 90 percent of there collection to vandalizing Someone went in there back yard and poured what we believed was miratic acid on there collection . Several of us spent a all nighter emergency repoting but the damage was done only some young trees survived

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Been trying to identify the juniper in the third pic dug from a friends yard last spring was offered it before they moved . It was originally a potted tree of her sisters info was cultivar starts with S So yesterday took a trip to the conifer nursery that it came from partially just to see if they actually sold Shinpaku. As it’s fairly rare here . Regardless of what the collected tree is . I got the only 2 shimpaku they had 1 gallon pots . Nice nursery had a great chat with owner . Normally has more stock Covid shipping problems and government here crack down on import tree paperwork and inspection has become a pain . Most of his stuff as expected is grafted dwarf and speciality conifers but these look to be cutting grown 👍👍

Attachments

• BACE817D-8FFF-4E60-B825-5D8B113B4E3C.jpeg
    BACE817D-8FFF-4E60-B825-5D8B113B4E3C.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 26
  • A6A13FFD-64B7-4C26-B7A0-F6058CD47BA3.jpeg
    A6A13FFD-64B7-4C26-B7A0-F6058CD47BA3.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 724F830F-DAA0-4B79-BAD3-7278073DA32F.jpeg
    724F830F-DAA0-4B79-BAD3-7278073DA32F.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 24

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Unfortunately it’s not a laughing matter anymore . Bonsai theft is becoming more common . About 5 years ago a friend and his wife who had been growing bonsai for 20 years lost 90 percent of there collection to vandalizing Someone went in there back yard and poured what we believed was miratic acid on there collection . Several of us spent a all nighter emergency repoting but the damage was done only some young trees survived
Theft I understand, but why would someone pay for acid to vandalize someone's trees? Unless they're worried about competing thieves, or the market is saturated, it makes no sense.
Sounds more like a disgruntled neighbor sort of thing to me.
Glad I have a big scary dog.

I do have a neighbor somewhere who's stealing from my water barrel in the front yard. One day it's full from the last rain a week before, and the next morning there's only a couple inches left. Could be the ancient lady across the street thinking rain barrels are illegal still (they haven't been banned here for 10 years) and feeling like she's teaching me a lesson. She's old and lonely, and nosey and doesn't respect property lines.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Oh, yeah, and I found these clearanced out at Walmart.
IMG_20220612_142019_269.jpg
Gardenia and hibiscus, sharing my big kids' humidity tray with my ginger.
They look like hell, but I just might be able to save them if I can keep the humidity in this corner of the garden up. Multiples of each in the pots, and a couple fat trunks.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Oh, yeah, and I found these clearanced out at Walmart.
View attachment 441763
Gardenia and hibiscus, sharing my big kids' humidity tray with my ginger.
They look like hell, but I just might be able to save them if I can keep the humidity in this corner of the garden up. Multiples of each in the pots, and a couple fat trunks.
There are so many clearance racks at my local Lowes (10-12 of them), I need a hostage negotiator to get me out empty handed. My wife: "Put the plants down, and come out with your hands up!" 😁

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There are so many clearance racks at my local Lowes (10-12 of them), I need a hostage negotiator to get me out empty handed. My wife: "Put the plants down, and come out with your hands up!" 😁
Yea…. I’m left to my own devices in lowes. Not good 😂

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Theft I understand, but why would someone pay for acid to vandalize someone's trees? Unless they're worried about competing thieves, or the market is saturated, it makes no sense.
Sounds more like a disgruntled neighbor sort of thing to me.
Glad I have a big scary dog.

I do have a neighbor somewhere who's stealing from my water barrel in the front yard. One day it's full from the last rain a week before, and the next morning there's only a couple inches left. Could be the ancient lady across the street thinking rain barrels are illegal still (they haven't been banned here for 10 years) and feeling like she's teaching me a lesson. She's old and lonely, and nosey and doesn't respect property lines.
There was never any proof but disgruntled business competitors was the main. Suspect

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I was doing really good until I saw those yellow stickers.
Marked down by 75% 🤤
AND I knew what was wrong with them, so I actually have a shot at bringing them back to health. Too hot and dry for these out in that parking lot enclosure. Get them some shade and humidity and they should bounce back by fall.

NO CLUE where I'm going to squeeze them in in the house come winter, but I'll jump off that bridge when I get there.
I can see my 11 year old rolling her eyes already. "Uhg. Daddy got MORE plants."

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was doing really good until I saw those yellow stickers.
Marked down by 75% 🤤
AND I knew what was wrong with them, so I actually have a shot at bringing them back to health. Too hot and dry for these out in that parking lot enclosure. Get them some shade and humidity and they should bounce back by fall.

NO CLUE where I'm going to squeeze them in in the house come winter, but I'll jump off that bridge when I get there.
I can see my 11 year old rolling her eyes already. "Uhg. Daddy got MORE plants."
My name comes from my daughter . Whenever I’m doing anything bonsai related . She says I’m gone tree hugging . I think it started at the cottage when she was young . I got up early and dug something up . She woke up late . Seen the tree and said you could have just gave it a hug . You did not have to bring it home . Like a stray dog 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Top Bottom