What 3 Tools Do You Use the Most & Why?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
When I take my tools to a class or meeting, the tape helps me identify which tools are mine. And ensures I don’t lose them!

Red & Blue. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Contractors around here do that too. Everything is labeled with their own color scheme painted on literally everything.
But.. Shit has hit the fan when contractor A was working the same project as contractor Z from the other side of the country, and both were using the same color. One took a couple hundred thousands worth of scaffolding from the other.

Happens every once in a while, and it always turns out ugly.

berzerkules

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Contractors around here do that too. Everything is labeled with their own color scheme painted on literally everything.
But.. Shit has hit the fan when contractor A was working the same project as contractor Z from the other side of the country, and both were using the same color. One took a couple hundred thousands worth of scaffolding from the other.

Happens every once in a while, and it always turns out ugly.
I spent some years as a core driller and always sprayed my stuff pink and/or wrapped handles with pink hockey tape. Never ran into anyone else on a job with pink tools.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Am curious, did you come upon this idea by accident or did you see it and think, "That would work?" I always! appreciate it when people share a link to where they bought something new or unusual.
I think I was looking for something thin because the flat part of those root rakes aren't very flat and are a pain for digging trees out of pots.

That spatula was also a source of disdain because in ten years of marriage we hadn't used it to frost a single cake!

This all came in handy last Christmas when my toddler locked everyone out of the house. The cake spatula, now outside amongst my bonsai gear, was the perfect tool to jimmy open a window.

Thanks, cake spatula!

Top Bottom