What a sad looking stick.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, I adopted this yesterday. Apparently it’s a Ficus of sorts but right now it’s just a whole load of stick. There are a couple of green tips so it’s definitely alive at the moment.
9FF159E7-ECDE-4EEA-9CC4-6040BE43DCCC.jpeg

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well it can’t get much worse! It’s in a nice warm light spot at the moment. Can’t say I am a big ficus fan but never look a gift horse in the mouth…no matter how dead it looks!

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
That does not really look like a ficus, even without the leaves. Ficus have distinctive terminal tips so see if you can get a good clear close up shot of the tip of one or more of the undamaged shoots.

Whatever it is you are in spring now so if it's alive it should grow new leaves soon.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That does not really look like a ficus, even without the leaves. Ficus have distinctive terminal tips so see if you can get a good clear close up shot of the tip of one or more of the undamaged shoots.

Whatever it is you are in spring now so if it's alive it should grow new leaves soon.
I’ll make some new pictures once it has leaves to identify.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My willow leaf drops it's leaves every winter, even under decent lights. The first year, I freaked out, now I expect it. It's just started growing again. Once it gets going, it grows like mad.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It’s got some buds at the moment so hopefully in another week or so I’ll be able to show some leaves for a positive ID.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Getting some leaves, it’s outside and was brought in just for a picture.516B0068-F3B7-4EAF-B170-2ED637283386.jpeg

Top Bottom