What are you doing with your Ezo spruce from Bill Valavanis

b3bowen

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Got the idea for this thread from the recent post by @Deep Sea Diver. I know that a bunch of us have young Ezo spruce that were purchased from Bill Valavanis. Presumably, they are all similarly aged. Would be interested in seeing photos of what people have done with them. I am also interested in the locations where they are being successfully grown. I will start, mine is nothing special, just happy it’s growing well in its third season (I think) here in North Carolina zone 7B.
8C5E21D0-5B05-459F-BE1C-2BA1F06D54AA.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I picked up a couple at the Pacific Bonsai Expo last year. No pics right now but both are in pond baskets in the ground to thicken and grow a bit. I've wired all the branches down just slightly and left one trunk bolt straight and wired some movement into the other trunk. A few years and they should be something nice to look at. Growing happily so far.

Rod

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am also getting an ezo spruce from Bill Valavanis should be here in a week or so. I’ve been looking for information about ezo spruce and can’t find a lot of information on them, I know they are quite popular so I thought it would be easy to find growth habits and care. I have a Colorado, Norway and an Alberta, there is a lot of information about them. But hardly anything about ezo spruce. I usually find loads of information here so I’m asking for help. Thanks

Top Bottom