• DSC_00830001.JPG
    DSC_00830001.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 352

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
First I went out for brunch and had eggs Benedict and fresh coffee while people-watching the flow on Pacific Coast Highway. Then I walked across the street and let my Aussie play in the waves at the beach (it was 84 today). Then I went home and worked on the web site changes :)

Tonight I am grilling brats and then going to sit in my hot tub while I let some mountain biking soreness pass.

No bonsai work today however :)

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Got up and made the wife and me coffee....Then went to church.....Then took a trip to Lowes to buy a new wheelbarrow...Got back home and played with my Aussie and cleaned up a spot to put my new woodshed....Oh and I almost forgot....I took pics of my BSC entry to post on the Nut.

Brian

garywood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nut, not sure if you make your own Brats but I have an old "German" recipe that's outstanding. Occasionally "we" have Brat parties where we make brats and cook them in all conceivable ways. Oh what fun! (The forum) Is there a way that any poster must take the MPPI in order to post;)

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Managed a car wash.Came home and had dinner.then practiced guitar.
I did manage to ponder about March and bonsai a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 156

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Nut, not sure if you make your own Brats but I have an old "German" recipe that's outstanding. Occasionally "we" have Brat parties where we make brats and cook them in all conceivable ways. Oh what fun! (The forum) Is there a way that any poster must take the MPPI in order to post;)

OMG - can you send me a recipe copy? I would love it!

Bunjeh

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Dug up a Rosemary Yardmadori and attempted to style it.

tmpgh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You guys and your california weather. My trees will be in hiding for another 6 weeks I bet... and you're already out collecting! I need to take a road trip lol

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Helped repot,

an oxy,
several Malpighia [was ] punicifolia [ weeping cherry ]
a Murraya paniculata

Replaced 20 that were transplanted last week, back on their stands.
Good Day
Anthony

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dug up a Rosemary Yardmadori and attempted to style it.

Whoa, Rosemary don't like their roots messed with so it probably was really stressed already. Add to that you styled it, what do you think its chances of survival are
?

ed

Bunjeh

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Whoa, Rosemary don't like their roots messed with so it probably was really stressed already. Add to that you styled it, what do you think its chances of survival are
?

ed

We will see. Had to remove it because the wife wanted to clear out a section of the garden. If it lives,..it lives. Otherwise it would have gone out in the yard waste bin tomorrow.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh yeah I watered my plants and then we had a good conversation about the rain and cool weather we have been having this winter in Florida. I then cussed out the aphids who were merrily munching away on the undersides of my apple trees again and then I nonchalantly reached down and got my can of spray and doused them once again. Then I taunted them while cursing their lineage and promising that I will squirt them again if they show their miserable globule asses again.

Yup I have totally lost my mind....

ed

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If I didn't know any better, I'd say Al went to see Brent?

My bet is that he went to see Ed, but an outside chance it was George.

Myself, I bought a bunch of pots today. A few that I was actually looking for. The rest I now have to find trees for. Such a never ending battle!! ;)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Two years ago I dug this cork bark elm from a growing field here in Fresno. Many know him here as treecutter, I know him as Steve DaSilva. I have a large article coming soon on him at the bunker as well as what he is growing at his field.

There are many people growing material for bonsai in California. Just because they do not do mail order like Steve and Ed Clark and Glenn Van Winkle, they still perform a valuable service to the bonsai community. Many workshop teachers partake of their material yearly.

The tree I dug two years ago has performed well and this year it was transplanted into a bonsai training pot to help slow it down. It is a very aggresive grower and losing the detailing of the canopy is easy to do in a large container or the ground for that matter.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Top Bottom