What do I need to fix?

mroth

Seedling
Reaction score
NE Montana next to border of ND, almost in Canada
USDA Zone
4a
73BBAFCF-B97C-414A-88C0-3648C83D3A10.jpegMy dwarf pomegranate has been outside for a couple weeks (the weather finally stabilized). I have been watering consistently early morning around sunrise and the soil hasn’t completely dried out. It looked scorched and I am not sure what to do. It gets sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon. What am I doing wrong?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Probably just indoor leaves dying.

If it has to come in and out it's best to plan a defoliation at these single move points.

Above 50F at night.

Sorce

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yep, that's a leaf burn caused by sunlight.
Nothing to do about it now. Next time, try acclimating the tree by exposing it to light gradually; keep it in the shade for a week or two before you put it in full sun.

I keep my pom outdoors in winter even. But it doesn't get really cold here.. -15C is about the coldest.

mroth

Seedling
Reaction score
NE Montana next to border of ND, almost in Canada
USDA Zone
4a
Yep, that's a leaf burn caused by sunlight.
Nothing to do about it now. Next time, try acclimating the tree by exposing it to light gradually; keep it in the shade for a week or two before you put it in full sun.

I keep my pom outdoors in winter even. But it doesn't get really cold here.. -15C is about the coldest.
Thanks! This is my first year and I have a lot to learn. Appreciate the advice.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
They don’t mind water at all in a loose mix. Agree above. Let those leaves burn and remove them when more brown than green. I taken to leaving the petiole of any leaf cut unless wanting to truly disappear.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Probably just indoor leaves dying.

If it has to come in and out it's best to plan a defoliation at these single move points.

Above 50F at night.

Sorce
🤔 I've never defoliated mine and they bloom inside during the winter and outside during the summer.

Top Bottom