What do you keep your Bonsai tools in?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I need something bigger, and I'm looking for suggestions. I currently keep mine in a Nylon roll tool holder, mainly to keep them separated, and it's easy to carry. Silly question but I'm curious. :)

Pictures for reference.

1677804433379.png
1677804476075.png

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ya know, over the years I've tried all sorts of storage solutions like the roll holder you showed, or a peg board system. I think it depends how serious you are, how much space you need, and how clean you are.

This year I've almost finished my new studio. I found some magnetic tool strips at harbor freight for $5/6 each and they are perfect. The roll became a nuisance, I never ended up putting them into the same spots, and it was hard to clean if any dust or dirt got on it. For the quantity of plants I work on these days, having the easy connect/disconnect system has been awesome.

So, if you're serious, I'd say you should start thinking about making your own workshop space.

Attachments

• 20230210_094036-02.jpeg
    20230210_094036-02.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 124
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ya know, over the years I've tried all sorts of storage solutions like the roll holder you showed, or a peg board system. I think it depends how serious you are, how much space you need, and how clean you are.

This year I've almost finished my new studio. I found some magnetic tool strips at harbor freight for $5/6 each and they are perfect. The roll became a nuisance, I never ended up putting them into the same spots, and it was hard to clean if any dust or dirt got on it. For the quantity of plants I work on these days, having the easy connect/disconnect system has been awesome.

So, if you're serious, I'd say you should start thinking about making your own workshop space.
I'm festidous about keeping my tools clean. I'm currently making a work space, but not a sweet workshop like yours. Very nice! Now I'm inspired.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ever consider a metal tool box? You can find drawers on the bigger ones.
Yes, I considered that but it doesn't seem feasible with my setup. I have a workbench and tools in the garage but most of my bonsai stuff is in my house for convenience & the weather (it's cold sometimes). I keep my liquid ferts (or they'll freeze) and other supplies in the house also. I'd also like to stay portable. :) Go bag ready!

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am using this. It has plenty of pouches all around it on the outside and even a few on the inside. Plus, you can store larger items inside the bucket.
I have one of those, and have definitely considered using it for my bonsai tools. My tool roll is out of slots!

Top Bottom