what do you think about those bonsai?

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We recently went back to Vietnam. Lot of interesting bonsai there. I let you see some of giant bonsai on the way from Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi. I took pictures while on the bus.
DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0952.jpg

Below, 2 giant bonsai were seen in the Lang Co Resource, Central Vietnam
DSC_0740.jpg

DSC_0739.jpg

Enjoy! Bonhe

Kirk

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If I had to repot those I would abandon the hobby. Maybe they force prisoners to do as community service.

Kirk

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice photo's of some huge bonsai.

What I would really be interested in is seeing some more photo's of the city if you have them. Any photo's, maybe some countryside, or family homes. The architecture is wonderfull and I always enjoy seeing places that I will probably never see in my life.

Thanks for posting. Al

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
I think it's wacko that those people like such giant potted trees. It would be a pain to move them or repot them. Can't call them bonsai. Just big topiary in pot. The huge pots are amazing work though. I love the round ones with 3 cloud feet. If I ever go there, I would ship back a pot or two, small ones. Do you have any more pictures Bonhe?

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I had to repot those I would abandon the hobby. Maybe they force prisoners to do as community service.

Kirk
I didn't state those bonsai belong to the government:)

Very nice photo's of some huge bonsai.

What I would really be interested in is seeing some more photo's of the city if you have them. Any photo's, maybe some countryside, or family homes. The architecture is wonderfull and I always enjoy seeing places that I will probably never see in my life.

Thanks for posting. Al
You're welcome Al. I took more than 800 pictures!! I will choose some to post them here.

i want to see the kiln that fired those pots.

I think it's wacko that those people like such giant potted trees. It would be a pain to move them or repot them. Can't call them bonsai. Just big topiary in pot. The huge pots are amazing work though. I love the round ones with 3 cloud feet. If I ever go there, I would ship back a pot or two, small ones. Do you have any more pictures Bonhe?
Like I said, I will post some more pictures here

You and me both!!!
Hi Catfish chapstick & Irene, I know one of the kilns in Binh Duong province, Ho Chi Minh City made those pots (I don't remember whose they are). As far as I know, one of the kiln showed Vietnamese bonsaiist how to make them. Bonhe

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
At the gate of Quan Thanh Temple, Hanoi, there are two large trees on the wall.
DSC_0992.jpg

One of them is Ochna integerrima with yellow flowers. It is always blooming in Vietnamese New Year. It is in same family with Mickey Mouse tree in the States (Ochna atropurpurea)
DSC_0994.jpg

Other one is a pine.
DSC_0993.jpg

Bonhe

Top Bottom