What ever happened to Peter Tea and John Geanangel?

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
John is still here but only posts occasionally. I see most of his on line activity is over on FB. I can’t say I’ve ever seen Peter T here, though
John had a great blog but I guess he switched over to FB.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
John G is the man, I REALLY wish he would use this site. If you click on his profile though his last quote was pretty anti-bnut. Unfortunate, I admire his work with natives

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
John G is the man, I REALLY wish he would use this site. If you click on his profile though his last quote was pretty anti-bnut. Unfortunate, I admire his work with natives

He was out of sorts that I asked a plant ID - we traded words but that is certainly not why he does not frequent here.

He virtually stopped awhile before that. It seemed he was getting fed up with redundant questions and being rather busy at work, home, and his Club he simply, and understandably did/does not have time.

I really like his work and unusual large plantings. And I do understand his situation.

His Blog makes him available either way.

Grimmy

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
I think the last blog post was 2008???

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
I liked and appreciated his blog because the information was a great teaching resource.
I get a little concerned for these folks.
When you get to know someone from the work they publish, and they go silent, I wonder if they have undergone a major life change and hope they are well.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah facebook isn't a fun place to be. I guess I gotta do what I gotta do..

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Pretty sure @Eric Group works with John a bit so he might know what John's up to.
I am lucky to call him a friend and to be so close to both he and Ken Duncan. They are both still very active in Bonsai and great at what they do. As someone mentioned above, John does post pretty often on FB. It is kind of silly IMO to be so anti Facebook as so many people seem to be. It, like any website, is what you make of it. If you post and follow a bunch of negative people, it seems like a Cess Pool, if you are positive and share good things, it is a great asset.

He did get fed up with this forum for multiple reasons but it is not really my place to speak his mind.

I don’t post much any more either, had a bad winter- both personal and Bonsai wise- still trying to put the pieces back together I guess. Hope to have stuff back on track soon, but if ya’ll need a John G fix- go to Facebook! Plenty of good forums to surf for Bonsai there! Bonsai snobs is a personal fave...

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
It is kind of silly IMO to be so anti Facebook as so many people seem to be. It, like any website, is what you make of it.
Thanks Eric! I automatically pooh-poohed FB so I would fit in with the general attitude of all the haters, being a curmudgeon and all. ;) And I don't remember why I got on board. But I must say...for me it's only been a good experience. Mostly it's about bonsai. I put up what I do now and then and like the comments, etc. And the auction pages have been very helpful and trouble-free. I've sold a lot of pots and there's more to come. And also have bought a few. Some great material being shipped all over too. Can't ship here though so I just gloat.
My 2 cents.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am lucky to call him a friend and to be so close to both he and Ken Duncan. They are both still very active in Bonsai and great at what they do. As someone mentioned above, John does post pretty often on FB. It is kind of silly IMO to be so anti Facebook as so many people seem to be. It, like any website, is what you make of it. If you post and follow a bunch of negative people, it seems like a Cess Pool, if you are positive and share good things, it is a great asset.

He did get fed up with this forum for multiple reasons but it is not really my place to speak his mind.

I don’t post much any more either, had a bad winter- both personal and Bonsai wise- still trying to put the pieces back together I guess. Hope to have stuff back on track soon, but if ya’ll need a John G fix- go to Facebook! Plenty of good forums to surf for Bonsai there! Bonsai snobs is a personal fave...

Hi Eric, does John have a page on Facebook where he is sharing his work? Or is it on various group pages? Thanks for any help.

Top Bottom