What ever happened to Peter Tea and John Geanangel?

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am lucky to call him a friend and to be so close to both he and Ken Duncan. They are both still very active in Bonsai and great at what they do. As someone mentioned above, John does post pretty often on FB. It is kind of silly IMO to be so anti Facebook as so many people seem to be. It, like any website, is what you make of it. If you post and follow a bunch of negative people, it seems like a Cess Pool, if you are positive and share good things, it is a great asset.

He did get fed up with this forum for multiple reasons but it is not really my place to speak his mind.

I don’t post much any more either, had a bad winter- both personal and Bonsai wise- still trying to put the pieces back together I guess. Hope to have stuff back on track soon, but if ya’ll need a John G fix- go to Facebook! Plenty of good forums to surf for Bonsai there! Bonsai snobs is a personal fave...

Hey Man. Whatever those issues that caused the bad winter are, I hope you get back on track sson. And come around more often. I enjoy your updates.

sikadelic

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
The only person from this forum that I have ever met personally was John and he was more than kind to me. He was a really nice guy and I would hope that he is doing well! I also met Ken but I don't recall seeing him post on here. He was also a super nice guy.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hi Eric, does John have a page on Facebook where he is sharing his work? Or is it on various group pages? Thanks for any help.
His personal page is where he posts most of his stuff and he will share on some of the groups as well sometimes. Just look for his name... not a lot of people go by John Geanangel! LOL I imagine he would probably add you if you sent him a request, unless ya’ll have some personal beef or something.. I don’t know what his personal policy is on who he adds or whatever...

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
The only person from this forum that I have ever met personally was John and he was more than kind to me. He was a really nice guy and I would hope that he is doing well! I also met Ken but I don't recall seeing him post on here. He was also a super nice guy.
Yeah Ken quit posting on forums years ago, for similar reasons I think to why John quit! LOL.

It is kind of a shame really, Ken is a great guy with AMAZING trees! In the Internet focused environment we live in, I feel like he doesn’t get much attention or recognition but he is easily one of the best Bonsai guys in the Southeast! Both growing stock and producing “finished” works of art... I know “recognition” is simply not what some people are looking for, just saying I really admire his stuff and have been lucky enough to buy some nice trees off him over the years!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hey Man. Whatever those issues that caused the bad winter are, I hope you get back on track sson. And come around more often. I enjoy your updates.
Thanks Va... I am going to try to get back into it more again! Just hard to find the time lately.

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
? Boooo!!!
I've never been on Facebook, or anything else but Bnut, and I ain't gonna start now!
Lol!
I felt the same way, but last year I made an anonymous FB page with a made up name, and did not allow access to my contacts. No friend adds allowed, and no usual facebook BS. I use it purely for the bonsai auctions.

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
I felt the same way, but last year I made an anonymous FB page with a made up name, and did not allow access to my contacts. No friend adds allowed, and no usual facebook BS. I use it purely for the bonsai auctions.
I just don’t know if I can put up with the liberal BS that is facebook

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve worked with Peter Tea three times a year for the last two years. I know he does that with our club and another club in Wisconsin. He seems to fly under the radar even as I’ve tried to follow other things he is up to.

He helped me get a start on my big ol’ procumbens.

154ADCC3-D798-485A-8E99-307FA68860A4.jpeg

And my dwarf needle Ponderosa...

Before...5474F9D9-547E-4935-B6F7-C21D97445E7B.jpeg

After...97FE74D1-7F34-4170-BEC1-14D7C211A60A.jpeg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@rockm I been getting pulled into FB BS about trees...
Of it wasn't over then, it's over now!

I drop lil' Sorce Joints on them Newbs and each One of them been pretty responsive and understanding.
Like them people actually wanna learn too...

But Damn....it is poorly organized. ..
And FB breeds Shallow responses, where here....It's like Class. . .FB is recess!

Anyway....yeah blame MKE for boozing up old Peter! Nah seriously, that was such a good blog....it must have generated Peter work. Work enough to not need to produce such a killer blog anymore....you know his teaching itch is being scratched! That blog is Great History IMO!

John! If JohnG has a fault...he's too kind!
I hope I never pissed him off....
I never blamed him for all my dead azaleas...but I'm sure people have!
I always questioned why I couldn't do the shit John did with them azaleas.....there was a point I was so frustrated I didn't even believe it true! But John is one of those rare Youtubers with Follow up videos of living trees! So it can be confirmed....

But you take a thousand Asshole Northern City People.....
And you take John....
And even if either had the mind to think climate.....
The situation would always be too out of balance for that understanding to be hashed out. Not gonna happen.

Especially not on the internet....
Sucks because the pattern says those fucks are gonna Show up on FB when after roughly the same amount of years pass and this situation happens again.

All I know is John went AAC.
And once anyone goes AAC it's because they share these same values of understanding and acceptance.
I think the Manifesto is formulated so well, it has little chance of ever morphing into the Fuck show that is a close minded "club".
(Not that all clubs are equal)

But I do Gaurantee each club is both horticulturally and artisticly held back to a degree by the nature of the beast.....

Stay free...peaceful...and open minded.

Like any of Twelve Apostles...lol!

I know you ...Ken! Lol. .no Ken.

Timmy amd Cartman are being talked about in another thread!

Sorce

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
John is good people,held a tree for months for me,then brought the tree with him when he visited the arboreteum in D.C. To give to me,cant thank him enough??

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
John is good people,held a tree for months for me,then brought the tree with him when he visited the arboreteum in D.C. To give to me,cant thank him enough??

he is good people- i met him once at the bonsai expo years ago - only to find out who he was after stumbling across one of his videos. very nice guy.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I just don’t know if I can put up with the liberal BS that is facebook
Again, you control the message of what you see on FB. If you actually went on there you would see just as much conservative info as liberal and you could easily block anyone posting things you don’t like... Jist saying... being assumption a liberal site might turn you off without knowing how it works is kind of silly.

I realize it may seem like I am unnecessarily pushing FB on people, but if you practice Bonsai in America and have any interest in buying(or SELLING) trees, pots or any other tool... OR if you like getting the most up to date information, seeing people post progressions, videos, pictures of great trees, the best shows around the world... free advice... IOW, if you LIKE BONSAI, and you are NOT on FB, you are only hurting yourself. There is simply no other forum, site, or place on the net or in person with access to as much as what FB offers. Every concern I have heard from people about privacy issues or “Iiberal ideals”... is easily avoided with minimal effort. Use a fake name/ info and delete people who post stuff you do not like. It is really that easy. FB is not the evil data suck some make it out to be... it is a public forum though and if you post stuff there is it public knowledge. Beyond that you literally have nothing to worry about... certainly nothing more than participating in a public forum like THIS ONE.

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
Again, you control the message of what you see on FB. If you actually went on there you would see just as much conservative info as liberal and you could easily block anyone posting things you don’t like... Jist saying... being assumption a liberal site might turn you off without knowing how it works is kind of silly.

I realize it may seem like I am unnecessarily pushing FB on people, but if you practice Bonsai in America and have any interest in buying(or SELLING) trees, pots or any other tool... OR if you like getting the most up to date information, seeing people post progressions, videos, pictures of great trees, the best shows around the world... free advice... IOW, if you LIKE BONSAI, and you are NOT on FB, you are only hurting yourself. There is simply no other forum, site, or place on the net or in person with access to as much as what FB offers. Every concern I have heard from people about privacy issues or “Iiberal ideals”... is easily avoided with minimal effort. Use a fake name/ info and delete people who post stuff you do not like. It is really that easy. FB is not the evil data suck some make it out to be... it is a public forum though and if you post stuff there is it public knowledge. Beyond that you literally have nothing to worry about... certainly nothing more than participating in a public forum like THIS ONE.
I’ve been on it in the past. And got so sick of seeing ads in the guise of “information” that I had enough bot left and right. Now with all there elation that fb is banning conservatives I’m beyond pissed. So it will be very hard for me to rejoin how does one set up an anonymous user? Don’t you have to provide your email address?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
as much conservative info as liberal
Not true anymore, maybe a decade ago, but for a long time now Google, Facebook, YouTube and others have been Shadow Blocking and Outright Banning anything that they disagree with, which of course is anything that flies in the face of the globalist, one world agenda, the leftist agenda.
It's getting worse as we speak.
Free speech is under assault.

Sad but true...

Interesting times to be alive! ?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks Eric! I automatically pooh-poohed FB so I would fit in with the general attitude of all the haters, being a curmudgeon and all. ;) And I don't remember why I got on board.

Well, the US Congress is becoming aware of some of the huge issues - but as you yourself pointed out, so many people who are technically naive don't understand the risk - and they are apparently ok with sharing every intimate detail of their personal lives with a private company who will own it for all time and sell it to the highest bidder. I could write pages about it...

I can't even imagine sharing all of my life's details as a 15 year-old... just to have those same details come up when I am trying to get a job at 25. The first thing that companies do today when hiring is do a social media search. Ever use Facebook messenger to send details like name, address, etc? Did you realize that you gave Facebook permission to scan those messages, save them, and use them to identify you as well as the people you are conversing with? Did you approve Facebook for location services? Do you realize that they track and store your location? That they can tell when you meet with another Facebook user IRL? That they can tell which stores you go to, which addresses you visit? They track your political views, and the political views of your friends - and sell that information.

Who needs Big Brother when you have Facebook?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Who needs Big Brother when you have Facebook?
Exactly...
Which is why all this crap is so hilarious to me!
I mean, Facebook openly gave the 2012 Obama Campaign ALL of their user data, to help the Obama Campaign target potential voters...and the Obama Campaign staffers ran around to all the media bootlickers and declared themselves to be genuises for utilizing ALL of Facebook's user data to assist the campaign, they were praised for it...

Now that ONLY 87 MILLION Facebook user's data was used THROUGH a THIRD PARTY, to assist Trump's Campaign, and Zuckerberg is testifying to Congress, and begging for his ass back....

Give me a break, this is such a dog and pony show, I'm so sick of the soap opera.

If it wasn't for double standards, the progressives would have no standards at all...

Gimme something real....give me the anti-gravity technology already!

Top Bottom