Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Forum postings
Some boasting
with rightful pride
Some posting
of trees already died.

But what about the day in and day out stuff? Don't show us your best or your worst, show us what you worked on this week.

I've posted two trees, both need a season of recuperation after a hard winter. The bougie was cleaned up, trimmed up and plans made to carve some deadwood. The boxwood was cleaned up a bit.

agraham

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I worked on quite a few stock plants.Trimming,fertilising,wiring,airlayering..ofcourse watering even though it has rained almost everyday this past week.I did do a little bonsai stuff(further along).I trimmed this one up a bit and since I left a few flowers on it I took it to the office to share.It's too big for my little display table though,so it sits on my desk where I hide behind it when salespeople come.
And,....sunday I started a 5' wide concrete slab for a big banyan scheff I have.

andy

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Candled Japanese black pines at early stages of development, reduced branches on ume, photographed new buds already popping on said JBP. Will be candling my one developed tree on the 4th of July. A little later than usual, but I've kept getting needles too long when I do it in June. They seem to love the long, hot summer.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's all bonsai. ;)

And I know how you helped save mankind, I helped you!

Laid out and started yet another grow bed in the lot next to our home.
Candled Mugos.
Started re-potting pines.
Cleaned pots and installed a pot shelf on the shed wall.
Worked on another couple trees for the upcoming club show.
Hacked down a few trees.
It was feeding week for the pines, fed them all.
Checked my list of things to take to the cabin this weekend, where I plan on hacking back as many of the pines in the growing field as I can.

Helped a newcomer on the phone with his ficus.
Continued planning and organizing our club show.
Went to a club meeting.
Continued helping with the first national American show.
Published a new Article by Robert Steven.
Worked on three profiles from world class artists.
Worked on a couple new galleries of great bonsai for publication at AoB soon.
Obtained permission to republish an excellent article on art by Nancy Doyle.
Set up and prepared for the release of the winners of the North America vs Europe Contest.
Proof read the rules for a upcoming original contest.
Completed and sent for consideration, two new articles of my own.
Sent full sized photos to a magazine for an article of mine they are publishing.
Tested the new video post feature at KoB.
Posted here.
Argued with the same handful of usual people.

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Dang you guys are making me feel like I am lazy!
But I have also been very busy with my trees!
So I will now show some pics of just some of the things we have been doing here.
Irene

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
yup you got it more pics.
thought I'd better put something in the pic for the scale for you all!

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
shucks that is just the stuff on the deck!
You all want to see pics from the yard as well?
Irene

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
well dang.....no takers on more pics...
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me! I'm going to eat some worms....:(

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
A whole week? How about one day? My day started at 3 AM (EST) so that should give a fair chunk of time :)

First is a Squamata that was pinched and wired

Second was doing the dead wood on this Itoigawa shimp

Third was this phoenix graft azalea on Juniper (needed to do something with this crappy azalea that was given to me)

Fourth was to fine wire this Col. Spruce

Then to finish it off a partial rewire on this yew before I said that is it I had enough

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Get that Squamata in a decent sized pot and that will be a nice tree. Love that trunk!

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Get that Squamata in a decent sized pot
Thanks for the comment Al. I've been agonizing over this exact issue for sometime. It is a large tree for this style so pot choices are limited just from a weight and anchoring perspective. What type of pot do you see exactly.

zen

Seedling
Reaction score
Ok, so no specifics on a pot (be it from Al, nor myself).
I think you might consider something smaller (lol) ,no really I just had an idea actually to help with balancing the physical weight of slanting literati such as this. A lead weight (possibly obtained from a printer or bindery, my Father works in printing and they have these weights to hold the paper stacks down) wrapped and sealed in shrink wrap plastic (also could be done by the printers, all the printers my Father works with are super nice people) inserted into the pot, opposite the direction the tree leans.

EDIT - please refrain from posting inflammatory nonsense like this. - BNut

Jay Wilson

Shohin
Reaction score
Ok, so no specifics on a pot (be it from Al, nor myself).
I think you might consider something smaller (lol) ,no really I just had an idea actually to help with balancing the physical weight of slanting literati such as this. A lead weight (possibly obtained from a printer or bindery, my Father works in printing and they have these weights to hold the paper stacks down) wrapped and sealed in shrink wrap plastic (also could be done by the printers, all the printers my Father works with are super nice people) inserted into the pot, opposite the direction the tree leans.

Zen,
This is the kind of content that is usefull and acceptable in the forum. Thanks for posting.

This kind of crap has no place here!!!!!
If you can't show respect for others, then I would prefer you go away.

Jay

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Zen, I want to say welcome to the forum and thanks for the comment. However two posts of the stuff Jay pointed out is pointless. Really took anything positive you had to say and nullify it. Were here to discuss trees and the such. Not turn this place into the OK corral where anyone can take a pot shot. Take your agenda up with Will in a PM (face to face so to speak).

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Take your agenda up with Will in a PM (face to face so to speak).

At your peril I might add. You seem to be an intelligent person with some knowledge of bonsai. I find it hard to believe that you would jump on to this forum just to take pot shots at Will Heath. Obviously you seem to think Mr. H has done you wrong so either get over it or go directly to him as suggested in a PM. Other than that leave it alone.

This is the kind of politics I was talking about in another thread.

Top Bottom