What i mostly miss from the 80's

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
7-Eleven,not the Chimichanga but the large microwaveable Cheesebuger and the self serve Slurpee in several flavours.

Now those were good times.

Reaction score
yeah, but there weren't any 7-Elevens in England in the 80's...
oops !!!

Mystogan

Banned
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
baby food...nice bowl of corn meal mmmmmmm

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Quarter century of hankering after a slurpee is a long time,there were two regular flavours brown and green with i think two rare flavours the orange and the red.

This was a few years before American football had an occaisional appearance on the new sattelite channels and fans would have to get their fix by travelling to Chicksands,presumably they ate Reese's and Hershey and drank rootbeer.

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
i miss the music + the clothes.'frankie goes to hollywood' t shirt + baggy pants-now that was cool....remember the kung-fu shoes??

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
what are monkey boots?? i'm sure as a pommy you were listening to the clash + exploited + possibly had a safety pin in your ear....:cool:

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
No again,the Clash were slightly previous and MTV had just begun,there was Sigue Sigue Sputnik.

Looking at images of boots they were probably oxblood.

Coming home from high-school the convenience store had a scrolling platform arcade game where your muscled protagonist could upgrade his armour and axe on the end of a chain,i thought it was Golden Axe but that came later and was very different.

Twenty pence lasted a long time but not as long as watching your buddy edge ever closer to the final boss of Vulcan Venture.

There was a Shuriken craze centered about a small sporting goods store.

Top Bottom