WHAT is happening???

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
When I select "Recent posts" everything is written in Japanese/Chinese?
This doesn't happen when I select any of the threads in any other fora, but if I select any thread out of the "new posts" list then the thread appears in Japanese or anything.
Must be spam messages posted massively...

Edit : FWIW After page 10, however, the threads appear in a normal way. On page 2 and 4 though, there are two threads showing correctly...

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
One guy in particular hit the site and posted about 24 spam posts :) I can ban the account, block the email and IP, and erase all his posts with the press of a button - but it sometimes takes me a few hours to see the problem if they post at 2 AM.

If it starts to become a bigger issue I will simply turn on 100% moderation for all posts from new accounts until approved as being "human bonsai lovers". That will nip it all in the bud.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
... ... sometimes takes me a few hours to see the problem if they post at 2 AM... ...
Difference in time zone, yes.
When I first saw that page I thought some kind of problem was going on with the forum but then I realized what it really was happening.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
If it starts to become a bigger issue I will simply turn on 100% moderation for all posts from new accounts until approved as being "human bonsai lovers".

It could be a good idea: it's 9:38 (AM) here, and according to https://time.is/ , it's 00:38, and there are dozens of spams again in the "new posts"...

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
11:00 am here in Greece.
Wake up Mr BNut! We're under attack again! :D

Top Bottom