What is similar to a Japanese Garden tree that is a easy Bonsai

eascusa

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi everyone! O.K. so after doing some research I wanted to get a Japanese Garden Pine bonsai. I may be saying that wrong or left a word out. I am not even sure if it's considered a pine. I just know it's a Japanese Garden something. I can't find where I wrote all my info down. Sorry, all I know is that according to the internet it is suppose to be like the easiest bonsai you can get. My problem is that I live in California. And when I went to buy a small seedling it says that these trees cannot be sent to California! Some regulation thing. So, does anyone know what I can get that looks like this tree and is easy as this tree is to make a bonsai out of? So far I am not having good luck with my bonsai's. 😞 Thx

eascusa

Seedling
Reaction score
Oooooh, I like that, thx I think that might be the one they won't send. What looks just like that one?

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Good news, you live in California, where many Japanese species will live, and even thrive.

There are many nurseries in California that grow these species. Because they are raised in California, they can be shipped to other locations inside california. What city are you in or near? If you edit your profile to include your city or nearest major city, others can give you advice specific for your location.

A mail order nursery in California, that can ship to you is Evergreen Gardenworks.

Any of your local big box stores with garden centers is likely to carry the Juniper procumbens, they are common as landscape garden plants.

There are a number of commercial bonsai nurseries in California, and there are quite a number of bonsai clubs or societies, which are great resources for information about where to source trees and supplies locally.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sneaky Sneaky!

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Top Bottom