What is the most thoughtful Christmas gift you have received

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Not the grandest, nor the most expensive. But the one that made you say awwww. I'm sick of how commercial Christmas has become, and would like to focus on the effort put toward a gift, not necessarily the $. I'll start. Before we had kids, I always said if we had a girl, I could get a dollhouse, if we had a boy, he could get a train set. We had one of each, didn't get the dollhouse or the train set, but I told our daughter the story. One fall, when we were visiting her college for parents weekend, we ended up at Hobby Lobby. I was perusing the dollhouse accessories. I guess she noticed, because that Christmas she came home with a dollhouse for me. Not the kit, because I had no interest in actually building it, but fully assembled and painted. Knowing I just really wanted to decorate and furnish it. So, I spent $300 furnishing a $30 dollhouse, but I have never enjoyed anything else as much. And the thought behind it. Please share your stories.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I don't know....that's a tough one...
My wife asked me for a list this year.
I gave her a list consisting of various bonsai soil mix components.
She got mad and said she's not buying me bags of dirt for Xmas....
I begged her, told her that I like functional gifts....don't need any more crap to sit on a shelf.

Maybe I'll say awww, if she gets me the Pumice.... we'll see.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
look at a pot on Amazon, and make sure she sees your interest.
Or make a "private" wish list and lose the password somewhere.

Shh just got Nick [ K's nephew a book on, Furniture Design by Fine Woodworking ]
And we are taking him for a walk on the beach, where he will find many
dead logs, floating in from the Orinoco.

Expect furniture.:eek::)
Good Day
Anthony

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hands down...the additional artwork my friend painted for me. Sending a Christmas card. I cried...

@Carol 83 ... thank you for sharing your dollhouse memory with us. (((Hugs))) Your daughter was an amazing young lady...to have done that for you. A gift worth cherishing.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My adult daughter got me one of those little "Grow your own Bonsai" kits last night at our early Christmas in their new house. She was so excited:) It is the thought... Of course I'm going to be starting 4 trees from seed!

My 2 daughters and Son-in-Laws and wonderful grand-kids. That was a great gift beyond words seeing my babies had "made it" and how wonderful their/our families have become:) Life is good.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yippee!
The wifey finally caved this year and got me some bonsai stuff!
These 4 tiny pots, 3.5gal of maroon lava and 3.5gal of pumice!
I'll blend that up with the haydite, turface and black lava....probably add some DE as well, and my trees will be very happy :D

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yippee!
The wifey finally caved this year and got me some bonsai stuff!
These 4 tiny pots, 3.5gal of maroon lava and 3.5gal of pumice!
I'll blend that up with the haydite, turface and black lava....probably add some DE as well, and my trees will be very happy :D
Here they are:
IMAG4160.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So, my family likens my little tree collection to that of a crazy cat lady. But my sister tried, I guess.......christmas.jpg

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I received this on Christmas.
20171225_224249.jpg
I got to stick the pins into this interesting animal.
received_1500380406744643.jpeg

I left for a minute, and she said it pooped.
received_1500380423411308.jpeg

I got creative and made it male, while adding the Nippon hardware store nails.
received_1500379976744686.jpeg

AutumnWolf13

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Left Alone!
Kind of weird, but so am I. I have Aspergers Syndrome (High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder) and a very introverted personality (INTJ, which is shared by only 2% people)

Everyone always pestered me come to their house, or stopped to visit me, because It's "SO SAD" to see you lonely on Christmas...

Alone and lonely are NOT THE SAME! I stayed home in my fleece Jammies with my dog, read books, watched a movie and some YouTube videos.
Best Christmas EVER!

Top Bottom