What is your job?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think travelling is a difficult to do with this hobby and I'm wondering if I'm wrong or not :) I used to travel a lot (away 50% of the time) and could only keep cacti and had two trees that relied on rain for water when I was away.

I went to the national show for 4 days a couple of weeks ago.

A spinkler and timer works well to take care of the trees water needs

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
I was lucky enough to be able to tattoo for a living, I sorta fell into it at the right time (2001 before all the tv shows polluted the industry) I use to travel alot and in return lost some trees. I don't like to leave home anymore unless the price is right then I have to hope my wife remembers to water

Mike MoMo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-A
Of all things I am a Vegetarian Chef. I work around Hippies and Hipsters, have Nerdy Conversations about Star Wars and Comic Books, Listen to Great Music, Motivating the Kitchen Crew with Jedi Battle Meditation as we play with fire and knives. Then there's that part time summer job where I cook for frustrated golfers mainly hotdogs and other over processed meat products.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
i sleep about same amount in hotelrooms as i do in my own bed.
so yeah i travel a lot for work as service engineer. i love it and i hate it at the same time.

10-brink

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I was lucky enough to be able to tattoo for a living, I sorta fell into it at the right time (2001 before all the tv shows polluted the industry) I use to travel alot and in return lost some trees. I don't like to leave home anymore unless the price is right then I have to hope my wife remembers to water

what is it with tattoo artists and bonsai?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
what is it with tattoo artists and bonsai?
Art!
Art is art....mostly....
Once I saw a pile of cinder blocks in a park in Baltimore, upon closer inspection, it was a commissioned piece of artwork!:eek:
It had a brass placard and everything!
Sometimes they go a little too far with what they'll call "art".

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
I am a massage therapist in the cancer center at a hospital, and I work with hospice patients in their homes as well. I have a long commute and the hospice work takes me all over the place, but with three kiddos I don't get to do a lot of far off traveling at the moment, just lots of close by weekend family trips.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Why do you want to know if we travel....o_O?

I am a marine fisheries biologist and I occasionally travel to meetings in other states
I would be interested in hearing more about your job. I looked it up but the description varies alot?

As of now for me, just school/'college' but looking for something part time.

Jaberwky17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Architect. I live in Minnesota and specialize in ice arenas. Go figure. Nobody I know in my daily life does bonsai other than me. I travel one or two days at a time 15-20 times a year. Our practice is expanding nationally so I expect that to increase.

Top Bottom