What kind are my trees please

Snowkatt57

Seedling
Reaction score
I have been given 2 trees for my birthday and I don't know what kind they are so any help would be great so I can tend to them correctly

Attachments

• 20181009_154622.jpg
    20181009_154622.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 20181009_154605.jpg
    20181009_154605.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 107

Grego83

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Tree on the left is a fig/ Ficus, right is Juniper, possibly procumbens nana. Nice birthday present!

Grego83

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thank you very much. The juniper has a lot of brown leaves closest to the trunk and the trunk/branches have a lot of little creamy white bits on them, any ideas
Putting your zone/location in your profile will help people give you specific advice for your climate. They both want full sun (outside!) - brown needles on a juniper can mean many things, it can be natural/no big deal, or be not enough light, or other issues. Overall they both look very healthy though.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Outside ala pronto!
fig doesn’t want to freeze -ever, or anything near
nice gift for sure

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
careful of full sun right away if they’ve been inside awhile...ease

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Where are you located? You local climate will change the advice people give you. Trees that can grow outdoors near Miami can not grow outdoors near Fairbanks, Alaska.

The juniper is normally used as an outdoor tree, it is not easy to keep a juniper healthy indoors. Though if you are an experienced under lights grower, it can be done.

The other tree is either a ficus, or a privet or ? maybe Fukien tea. These are usually done as indoor plants.

Snowkatt57

Seedling
Reaction score
Where are you located? You local climate will change the advice people give you. Trees that can grow outdoors near Miami can not grow outdoors near Fairbanks, Alaska.

The juniper is normally used as an outdoor tree, it is not easy to keep a juniper healthy indoors. Though if you are an experienced under lights grower, it can be done.

The other tree is either a ficus, or a privet or ? maybe Fukien tea. These are usually done as indoor plants.
Hi. I am in the South Costa Blanca near Torrevieja.
Thank you for the information I am trying to pinpoint the type of juniper as have noticed quite a few and really want to get basics right

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Veracruz, Mexico area?
Or
Torrevieja, Spain?

Either place probably can do both trees as outdoor trees, except for the few cold nights when you get a frost, then only the broadleaf tree will need to come inside.

The junipers would like to have a full day of sun. The broadleaf would probably be best with some afternoon shade, especially in the hottest time of the year.

Snowkatt57

Seedling
Reaction score
Veracruz, Mexico area?
Or
Torrevieja, Spain?

Either place probably can do both trees as outdoor trees, except for the few cold nights when you get a frost, then only the broadleaf tree will need to come inside.

The junipers would like to have a full day of sun. The broadleaf would probably be best with some afternoon shade, especially in the hottest time of the year.
Torrevieja Spain thx

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Juniper definite outdoor plant other one likely indoors unless always above freezing outside. Please keep soil damp/never wet or dry;).

Top Bottom