What kind of citrus is this?

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
My cousin just bought a house that has this trees in his yard. My guest is trifoliate orange. There's no fruits or flowers on it at the moment. But it has long dangerous thorns though lol

I can have him send me more pics if needed. Thanks in advance!

3956901486101616568.jpg

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
See the leaf has three foliage. I think it's a trifoliate orange too. Gnarly spikes on that one.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Poncirus trifoliata is the oft used roots stock for edible citrus. Leaves have these typical 3 blade shape and very long, sharp thorns.
Kaffir lime sometimes has thorns too but the leaves have 2 sections stacked end to end.

I'll go with Poncirus trifoliata for this one.

crab apple

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Here's one in my backyard. Makes a good landscape tree but I've never found anything agreeable to do with the oranges. I've made pies and juice multiple times adding sugar to offset the sour but never got a usable product. I throw anywhere from 500 to 1000 of them over the fence every year.

Attachments

• sour orange.jpg
    sour orange.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 9

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I throw anywhere from 500 to 1000 of them over the fence every year
Lol sounds like they're a messy tree.

Hey thanks for the answer guys. A bummer news for my cousin cause he was really hoping for some type of lemon or lime tree.

It however has an OK nebari and about 3" trunk. So if he wanna replace with a lemon or lime, I'll be first there to help dig this out.

Just a tree to mess with since I only have 4 right now

Top Bottom