What makes a bonsai American or Japanese style?

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Personal style.

No competition, just being what you are, who you are.

I'm tired. It's just like trying to make religious extremists realize that the "fake news" they've been fed on is just an illusion for weak minds. They don't want to realize, it's so comfortable to be a happy imbecile. When they become aggressive, gun-toting extremists swallowing lies (in French, we say "avaler des couleuvres"), it makes me very sad, and angry. Cretinism is not a political option !

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
It's hard to understand Japaese, even when translated into western font translation;

Niyamadori ?

Narayama? Yamadori ?... Short vocalic syllables open wild mountain landscapes...

The tradition in this region was to accompany older people to the top of the mountain in winter so they would die. Older people would accept this as a sort of inevitable course of life, and death.

So little to feed the family that the grandmother took a stone in her hand and broke her teeth to show that she can't be fed any longer. That she knows she is now a heavy weight on the community and that she should die now.

The film is about a son who can't be as cynical as to erase his mother's life for the comfort of the rest of his commununity.

I wonder how an "Evangelist" a "Muslim", a "Catholic", a "Jew", a "Buiddist", etc, any kind of religious esxtremist wopuld have treated this...

This film / movie is about ...

Last edited:

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
It's hard to understand Japaese, even when translated into western font translation;

Niyamadori ?

Narayama? Yamadori ?... Short vocalic syllables open wild mountain landscapes...

My name is from NJ or New Jersey the state I live from and I like collecting bonsai . So if you put NJ and yamadori together you get Njyamadori

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Njyamadori is the name of the original poster. The Nj is short for New Jersey, the state where he lives. Yamadori means “from the mountains”, but he’s using it to mean he collects trees he finds around his house and neighborhood. He’s 13 years old and doesn’t have money to buy trees, so he’s using what he can find.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Njyamadori is the name of

Cool ;)

Er.. Me teetsher says no, no no, :

Niewe Jersey should be written with twzo capital letters, NJ. Then (oder Zen, or eben zhen or... huh huih huih... Feel like strumming swing songs on my ukulele 😄

Back to my late teens, which is a great feeling :cool:

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Njyamadori is the name of the original poster. The Nj is short for New Jersey, the state where he lives. Yamadori means “from the mountains”, but he’s using it to mean he collects trees he finds around his house and neighborhood. He’s 13 years old and doesn’t have money to buy trees, so he’s using what he can find.
Could be a "she" also .lol

Top Bottom