What NOT to do thread.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
She gave me 3 of them out of her box, that was my thinking too. Just break em up like fert cakes .... guess not lol

I use agri-form fertilizer tablets on some of my trees and they are meant for agriculture and/or trees in the ground. I wouldn't use them on a maple, but try just not crushing them up and placing on top of the soil of a young developing black pine or something. I bet it will really take off. I think by crushing you are greatly increasing the solubility, but as a whole spike it might do just fine.

back on topic, I'll say: Don't just let club members handle your trees especially when they are speaking to prospective new club members. For some reason hey'll just start cranking away on prospective, dramatic bends in your material without any regard to your plan or say flaky bark. They start showing off and cranking away. "Maybe this branch could go here or pull this one up as a a new leader"...

Bonsai901

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Don't just let club members handle your trees especially when they are speaking to prospective new club members. For some reason hey'll just start cranking away on prospective, dramatic bends in your material without any regard to your plan or say flaky bark. They start showing off and cranking away. "Maybe this branch could go here or pull this one up as a a new leader"...
WHOA! Who in the hell would do that? That's reasonable cause for a lynching down here!

My mistake, overwatering, overwatering, overwatering, I guess I may never learn.

DrBonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Never bare-root a conifer. I bare-rooted a conifer !
In my defense it was a Balled and Burlapped Dwarf Hinoki Cypress in the densest clay I ever experienced.
At the time I knew it was risky, but I did it anyway !
Dead tree but learned my lesson.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm about to do this..... Fingers crossed ?

I've been running it for a week and a half now, and so far, so good.
Me three. But I'm keeping the system really simple - I'll be relying on an automatic timer and a sprinkler.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Purchased a NZTeatree (Leptospermum).
Immediately bare rooted and repotted it.
Miraculously in 10 days it was throwing out new shoots and blooming.
So I decided I didn't like the pot, and repotted it again in another pot.
Dead in two days.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I made one yesterday
Hey this crabaple rootcutting i took last year and i am training neagari style in a tall black nursery can is growing great lets have a closer look and pick it up
"Kghhrrrr" oops the roots grew straight down into the soil it was standing on leaving most feeders in the ground o.0

Oh well temps are down and it will stay well watered so i guess itl be fine tough but i will be more carefull picking up pots placed on dirt ^^

Reaction score
Let wire grow in too hard, while i was told 6 million times: don't let your wire grow in too hard. Stupid isn't it, we all know and still it happens.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Selecting buds on my JBP in the fall two years ago... I left two per terminal and ONE on sacrifice branch. Logical enough? Don't know what I was thinking of.

Top Bottom