What Pest is in my JBP Soil?

BeebsBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Hello all,

I was outside checking the moisture in my JBP soil this morning to see if it needed a water and I noticed a strange worm-looking bug in my soil. I believe I was only seeing its tail at the time, but either the tail or the head was above soil level near the root base. It was moving in a circular motion vertically above the soil. It would do this a few times, move a slight bit, and then continue that odd noodle-dance. Upon further inspection of the soil surface, there was a shiny trail in the soil around the pot that circled a few times before disappearing. I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out. You cannot really see the pest in it. Do you guys and gals have any idea what pest this could be? If so, is it harmful and how can I treat it? Since it is in the soil, I don't know if insecticidal soap will help. I tried researching this on the web and didn't find anything that had a description matching this potential pest.

I would guess it might have been spinning something like a silk worm would do, but I did not notice any strand coming from the pest. Any help would be greatly appreciated

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hope to catch it!! Tend to come out in darkness, so, good luck!!:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't find them capable of doing a lot of damage, but better to remove.:rolleyes:

They have "traps"?:confused::D:D:D:D

BeebsBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Reactions: GGB

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you could see what the "better halves" do out here on the ranch, you could see where I'm coming from!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Like seeing your tree wrapped up in a hose one mis-step away from crashing to the concrete. You know, because "washing" the deck is as simple as splashing some water on it. Super passive aggressive behavior.....what's the word? Dingbat!!!!:p:D:D:D:D:D:D

BeebsBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I've had to argue with members of my family about not watering unless I ask because they see slightly dry soil at the top of the container and they freak. I know its from a good place, but I'm just like "You gotta let more water leave so they can breathe." To which I get crickets.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think copper wire at the base of a plant is an old school way to thwart slugs and snails. I'm sure you've got some somewhere

Top Bottom